• 12" / 14" signature china

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6" splash (any series- specify)

• other (specify)

• Total voters

AAXplosionnn

hey guys ive been thinkin bout getting a new cymbal and im focused on mostly paiste. I have tons of cymbals, but im lacking percussive unique cymbals. I have a zil-bel already, so mebe not a bell, but i was likin the paiste 2002" cup chimes. or mebe even a 6" splash for a REALLY glassy cut. I was also thinkin bout getting a small china, but i noticed the smallest chinas paiste make is a 12" signature =[ does n e one have this or mebe a 14"? how are they? are there n e other cool cymbals i should concider?

thx

Drummerjew

I have been thinking about getting new cymbals too..and the ones u put up on the poll are all good. However I would not really care about the others besides the chime because they take a while to tune and the chimes just flow.

China are hard to play and take a while to get used to, splashes are too airy and the only way to make them sound good is to stop them really fast after hitting them (I hate getting finger prints on my cymbals), and it depends on what type of other cymbals you are looking for. My favorite cymbals are the ride because of the bell in the middle. Anyone can make a hi pitch sound hard-core!

screamkevin

Check out a Sabian AA or AAX China Splash. They are really neat-sounding, a combination of a splash and a mini-chinese. I used to have one, and it was wonderful.

zerodogma

You can't beat a good smallish china for quick accents and such. If you have the cash, try to stack it with a splash or small crash for that progressive trash sound... some people don't like that type of sound, but depending on the type of music, I dig it.

AAXplosionnn

cool thanks guys.. the 2002 cup chime looks pretty cool.. only thinng is i already have a 6 inch zil bel, but mebe they will sound good together with differnt piitches.

i was also starting to consider some mini hats. i already have 2 hi hats, the second one as a remote hat with a pedal. but, i was thinking of getting a mini hat and putting the pedal to the right of my right bass drum pedal, rather than next to my left regular hat pedal..

i wanted to get into some more hi-hat work..

any other suggestions??