Extra Straight/Boom Stand

PDP FX

All-birch Shells
STM® Pro Tom Mounts
Lacquer Finish Choices
Matching Bass Drum Hoops
Bass Drum Pillow
8.155 Hardware Pack

Standard 5-piece kit configuration includes: 18x22" bass drum, 8x12 ”, 9x13”, 14x16 ” toms and 5x14” snare drum

Available add-on drums include: 8x10 ” tom

i really need some help as ive narrowed my choices down to these 2 kits but i cant decide between them.

im not too clued up about either make but i know there both really good kits for what im after. its just im wondering which one is better overall.

both are about £500 so the price is ok. its just i want to know which would be better value for money, overall and would last me better in the long run.

just some general advice about each company and which kit you would take if you were in my situation i guess is what im after.

cheers

Arcadeia

haha, well ive been searching for ages for a intermediate kit thats within my price range and that will fit in with what im looking for. ive been around and played quite a few different ktis such as pearl elx, gretch catalina, mapex vx etc and i came across these 2 and i liked them both more over the others. but i just cant decide between these two.

rufus4dagruv

I think the PDP would have a higher resale value (speculation) than the Ddrum. What finish options appeal to you? Do you have a preference as to shell material? Which one do you vibe on more?

Arcadeia

erm in terms of finishes i like them both although the fade appeals more to me, im a birch guy and ive played both kits but they wernt tuned so i couldnt really tell between them.

can you explain what you mean by vibe a bit more please?

xdoseonex

get the all birch one. the other one is birch and basswood. Basswood isnt exactly the optimal material for drums

SGarrett

I play a Pacific LX right now and will probably be picking up either an FX or FS in the near future to leave set up in my studio while I use the LX for gigging.

Even if both of those kits were tuned, the PDP would still sound like ass because of the stock heads. The first thing I did with my LX was replace all of the heads and it sounded like a completely different kit.

DrumsPlus

I have an FX snare as a back up and my Kit is an LX. Love them both. I really don't think you can go wrong with a Pacific.

rufus4dagruv

Arcadeia":3188b0gr said:
erm in terms of finishes i like them both although the fade appeals more to me, im a birch guy and ive played both kits but they wernt tuned so i couldnt really tell between them.

can you explain what you mean by vibe a bit more please?
Vibes. Good vibes, bad vibes. Which one gets you going?

This is tough. I have never had anyone ask me what "vibe" meant.

AshleyDrums

If i was you I would go for the Pdp kit, although for the purpose that you want it for have you checked out the sonor force ranges? either the force 3007 or 2007.
They have an excellent sound, great maple shells, good quality with the German engineering and they have some great finishes.
They're worth a look?!

All the best buddy, especially in your searching for a kit.

Ash

ThePloughman

I think I am always going to say the same thing in these kinds of posts. Save another 300 dollars.....you will have twice the kit.

mmmmdrums

I don't know much about either company, but I heard somebody playing a Ddrum kit the other day and I liked the sound of it a lot