Help! from Drummers in England needed!

grey_fox

i got a letter of complaint about the noise level of my drums today, i would imagine the main problem is my 24 kick but with no money as i am still paying it off i can't soundproof my garage any more at the moment,

but i was wondering if there is any legislation or rules saying you are allowed to play at certain times in the day?? im going to phone the council tomorrow but i won't imagine they will be able to help me straight away

thanks!

drummert2k

in my town i know from experience that there is a noise ordinance at 11:00pm. before then, the cops usually come check it out just because its thier job and they have to but here in my town you can get in trouble until after 11 if someone calls and complains. call your local council and just explain to them the situation and that you're soundproofing as much as possible at the moment and wanted to know if and what time their noise ordinance takes effect.

Gaddabout

grey_fox":2ekuqaey said:
but i was wondering if there is any legislation or rules saying you are allowed to play at certain times in the day?? im going to phone the council tomorrow but i won't imagine they will be able to help me straight away
I don't know how local gov't works in England, but in America you usually make that first call to the municipal bureaucracy. There's usually some assistant city manager or low-level employee whose job it is to explain city code to you. They're much easier to get ahold of than a politician on council.

grey_fox

drummert2k":mxifijhp said:
in my town i know from experience that there is a noise ordinance at 11:00pm. before then, the cops usually come check it out just because its thier job and they have to but here in my town you can get in trouble until after 11 if someone calls and complains. call your local council and just explain to them the situation and that you're soundproofing as much as possible at the moment and wanted to know if and what time their noise ordinance takes effect.
what so you can play after 11pm? that doesn't make sense to me as people would be sleeping at 11?

as suspected the council couldn't even put me through to the right person so i am going to get my law teacher to help me out as she is a very good lawyer!

drummert2k

grey_fox":23kk1hgw said:
drummert2k":23kk1hgw said:
what so you can play after 11pm? that doesn't make sense to me as people would be sleeping at 11?

as suspected the council couldn't even put me through to the right person so i am going to get my law teacher to help me out as she is a very good lawyer!
no, i cant play after 11. although i live in an area with older people so just out of curtisy i stop by 9 now.

grey_fox

Gazdkw82§":1qkby44a said:
i had the same problem then i got some silencer pads, genious!
Trouble is i'm still paying off the £1200 kit so i cant really aford any pads and i will probabl have to buy them individually as i have a stomp kit and the packs are usually 22,12,13,16

And i always play around 1PM-4/5PM depending on what time i finish 6th form and only weekdays

and sorry drummert2k your reply confused me! (easily done)