hello beautiful!!!!!!!!(new trick pedals)

trstn

a little dark, but thats Ok for some serious lovin' ....

*DROOL*

no I don't know what that is, I refuse it, I'm not craving for that at all, nono, no reaction .. *sigh*
I'll get one of those one day ..

writheindecay

they are stunning. not only are they beautiful and just pure genius, they play so good. Theyre like the best parts of axis, theyre smoother, theyre nice and light, very quick feeling, amazing rebound, infinitely adjustable and powerful(which was my biggest complaint with the axis). you can even adjust the hoop clamp forward and backward to accomodate different hoop sizes. so easy to set up. they were pricey, but to me, there is no other pedal.

the guitar center out here got them in yesterday, the saleman i know showed em to me and it was game over. i brought my axis pedals up there and a/b'd them for a while and you see what i left with. ive owned just about every new pedal out, and the tricks are just what i was looking for.

i posted a pic of the spring.

Airborne Ranger

Those trick pedals are great but... I played one at the Chicago Vintage show this past summer and I still love my Ludwig Speed King. To me they just seem over-engineered, I like a much more simple pedal that doesn't adjust to such a minute degree like the Trick can. You get what you pay for but you pay for what you get, they are the most expensive pedals ($600+ for the double) on the market. If you love them, more power to you but for the same money I can buy a very nice Speed King pedal and a Black Beauty to go with it.

writheindecay

for the style of music i play(fast death metal, and also some slower stuff)i think this pedal will be most beneficial for me. i love the adjustability, and how simple it is to set up. they give you a pedal, you make it yours.

writheindecay

well if john longstreth said it.

lol

theyre fine. my buddy who just bought some axis long boards played on em last night and wants to switch.

Multibomber

When I tried em, it seemed like the tension on the pedal didnt really start til the very end of the stroke. I was thinking maybe Axis Sonic Hammers would help. Was I just not smart enough to adjust them correctly?? How do you have them set up?

writheindecay

springs a little tighter than half tension, beater about 45 degrees footboard a little on the high side.

same thing with these pedals and axis, they take a bit of getting used to when coming from a conventional pedal like the iron cobra or the dw5000s. just take a while to dial in to what you want and need and get used to how they respond. first time i sat down with axis pedals i wondered why i even considered them, i didnt like them one bit.

Airborne Ranger

writheindecay":2t7dks5o said:
for the style of music i play(fast death metal, and also some slower stuff)i think this pedal will be most beneficial for me. i love the adjustability, and how simple it is to set up. they give you a pedal, you make it yours.
Enjoy your pedals in good health. I don't play in the style you do (death metal/fast tempos) so a much simpler pedal works for me. Those pedals would be beneficial to you, so good luck and enjoy them. They ARE very nice pedals and a high quality product, it's just a lot more than I need.

king_friday

i saw a set of the double pedals the other day, they are really nice but im not so sure they are 800 bucks nice. i do REALLY like the spring clamp that attatches the pedal to the hoop. thats a great idea.

m

I recently got one of these to compare to my Axis setup, and it's a pretty cool pedal, for sure.
I've been tweaking it for a while now, and I just am not finding my comfort zone like on the Axis pedals- I'd agree w/ the posters mentioning doubles and rebound/tension feeling different. I just can't get it dialed to where doubles feel as smooth as I want.

I really like a lot of the engineering details- the hoop clamp is great, and it's nice that everything's enclosed. It's great that you can pretty much adjust anything you'd need to from your throne- very nice!
Cool pedal, but much heavier than Axis, and though I've been working hard at it, I just can't get it to feel like I want.

enjoy yours, though!

writheindecay

imust have mine dialed in perfect for me, because tonight i was in my zone. best ive ever double bassed. i dont have a problem getting speed with them. theyre a tad heavier than the axis, but i like that.

ie owned pearl eliminator, iron cobra, axis a's and x's, dw5000. ie played extensiely on a 9000 and the yamaha pedal and in my opinion, and for me, nothing else compares. i cant quit smiling, exaclty what ie been looking for.

drummerfreek55

It's great to see some more positive feedback on them. I've been considering them whenever I can get money together to upgrade my kit but I haven't really found too many people that comment on them after extensive use. By the sound of it, you're having a blast (pun intended) so I'm kinda leaning in that direction. I too like a heavier feel with my pedals so hopefully it'll be a good switch. glad to hear you like them!

writheindecay

drummerfreek55":21ek6zox said:
It's great to see some more positive feedback on them. I've been considering them whenever I can get money together to upgrade my kit but I haven't really found too many people that comment on them after extensive use. By the sound of it, you're having a blast (pun intended) so I'm kinda leaning in that direction. I too like a heavier feel with my pedals so hopefully it'll be a good switch. glad to hear you like them!
sweet dude, theyre definately worth it. you gotta spend some time with them and get to know them. i know when i first switched to axis i thought "what did i do i hate these things!" but after a while i loved them. the tricks werent such a shock, they just felt right for me. theyre as smooth and fast as the axis, incredible rebound, just a little heavier feeling, which i prefer. i used to say playing on axis was like running on air. these are like running on clouds. :)