Hello all. Today was a good day.

TheLoneGunman

I went to my 1st Shed tonight. All the guys that you see on youtube, they're pretty incredible live too! Sure I got my butt kicked pretty good, but I'm a stubborn persistant guy and I'll get better. The next one is in two weeks. If you're in the midwest and want to come out, you should.

I got my picture up here today http://www.shinedrums.com/definitionseries/artists.htm I'm pretty excited about that!

I got the endorsement by getting a gig where I play simple, soft, and slow. And I'm pro at that, then I go to a shed where simple, soft, and slow is pretty bad. But I will tell you what, all the guys at the Shed realize, that I get a lot of gigs playing the way I do and when I sucked trying to play fast and furious, they were pretty understanding. The guys at the local shed are really cool, it's just a different style that I'm wanting to learn.

Peace,
Alex "TheLoneGunman" Boyd

TheLoneGunman

Dude! You have no idea how stupid I feel right now. I contact a guy that runs a production company here in KC in November. Then in early April I get a call out of nowhere from him asking me to audition for him. I pass the audition by playing Mustang Sally of all the freakin songs, lol, and then I come to find out that his bands play in front of thousands all over the place. So my first gig is in front of 800 people including local celebrites, and during the gig I'm sitting behind the kit, just aweing at a sea of people filling the dance floor, which was bigger than most bars I'm used to playing at, lol! It's just insane that some idiot like me is having happen what's happening to me right now.

I've got the Shine deal going, which is a funny story in and of itself, my wife got me in with them, lol, but I'm also giggin all over KC, in addition to my tuxedo gig, I've got a gig, with imo the best blues guitar player in KC, I think this guy is gonna be a star and I'm going to be playing the drums on his next record. I've got several recording sessions coming up this summer. I just finished a session that the producer took with him to Nashville to have his contacts there have a listen. I'm just living a blessed life right now. I don't know why but the good Lord is taking care of me in ways my stupid butt has really no business having. But sometimes it just happens like that.

I'm just trying to play the drums as best I can, and smile and make the world a little brighter for the people around me.

seeing my pic on the shine website sure is a tip. I must really be in a coma and I'm having the best dream ever, god I hope my wife doesn't pull the plug, I'm pretty sure tomorrow Johnny Ramone and Joe Strummer are going to call me to do a session. Wait, if that happens, maybe my wife did pull the plug, lol.

SGarrett

You've hit that perfect mixture of hard work and excellent timing (not meter, the placement of events). You deserve it because you do work so hard to improve.

Alan_

It's weird when it all just falls into place. Don't discount your part in making it happen at all. It's your dream, and you dreamed it the right way.

Brother_Bong

Now, just maintain control of the ship! When things start steamrolling it can be difficult to keep things on course. Just keep your head about you and you'll be fine!
Congratulations man! :mrgreen:

Alan_

take care of your body and get enough sleep. that's been my main challenge so far this year: finding time to rest and stay charged.