Hellhammer

blastbeats666

this guy is straight up amazing.
as of this moment his work with dimmu borgir is the most insane stuff ive got on my ipod.
any other opinoins on this black metal legend?

metldrummer2112

MAYHEM!

You haven't heard Hellhammer really play until you hear him with Mayhem. The song Symbols Of Bloodswords is probably my favorite drum track he's ever done. His stuff with Dimmu is like Hoglan's stuff with Metalocalypse in my opinion, just focused on speed.

metldrummer2112

Of course. But it's basically him taking Nick or Tjodalv's spot. More likely than not he was trying to follow in Nick's shoes, since I found Tjodalv to be very creative, but nowhere as near as fast as Nick. Mayhem is where Hellhammer really fits in, and luckily he was fired from Dimmu so back to Mayhem he goes!

metldrummer2112

They're either in or they just finished with South America. And their last album was released in 2007. So they're probably writing a new one. And besides, what makes you think Mayhem would go to Massachusettes?

metldrummer2112

Yes it does. If you're optimistic and things don't work out you get let down. If you're pessimistic and things happen, then you'll be super excited! It sucks, but it works

Devindrummer12

Make sure to check before you post, not to be rude. I actually posted a Hellhammer post like 2-3 months ago. Can't be too far back.

blastbeats666

devin i serached hellhammer
all i could find was refrences to him in other posts.
im sorry i did search before posting this but i didn't see your post

Moshii

First off- hells yes to Hellhammer. I love the Mediolanum Capta Est live cd... alittle heavy on the triggers, but sweet none the less.

Two- Mayhem is touring. I've got my tickets. Check their myspace- has dates, locations, and links to buy tickets.

I never felt he really belonged in Dimmu... He sounded too.. constrained isn't the right word, but I dont know what is.

metldrummer2112

Moshii":21rqkubr said:
First off- hells yes to Hellhammer. I love the Mediolanum Capta Est live cd... alittle heavy on the triggers, but sweet none the less.

Two- Mayhem is touring. I've got my tickets. Check their myspace- has dates, locations, and links to buy tickets.

I never felt he really belonged in Dimmu... He sounded too.. constrained isn't the right word, but I dont know what is.
Mediolanum Capta Est is my favorite Mayhem release. The triggers are a little hgih in the mix but they need to be to get heard.

Mayhem is touring eh? Nahhh, my parents would never let me go.

Constrained actually is a good word. Dimmu never really experiments too much like Mayhem, they're a very stereotypical black metal band in all senses in my opinion

Moshii

It was one of those things where I said, "dont try and stop me. Im going." I'm hella determined to see these guys. If you can smuggle your down to Denver I got an extra ticket...

Moshii

Just an FYI- Hellhammer is awesome live. I've never seem a metal drummer so consistant. Does a real good job of carrying the band, especially the wierdo that is Atilla. Just wish I could've seem him through the fog on stage.

metldrummer2112

My friend's older brother went down to Florida to see Mayhem. he found them after the show and actually got Hellhammer's autograph

And if you think Attilla is wierd, just be glad you didn't see them back when maniac was still there!

Moshii

Oh, I know. Maniac was one of black metal's few members that actually deserved his name. I've seen pics, vids, etc. You get your first sign of Maniac being such on Mediolanum Capta Est's cover/booklet. But I think he sounds better than Atilla. At least he doesn't whisper when he talks to the crowd.

metldrummer2112

Maniac has always been my favorite. Then Attilla. In my opinion, Dead doesn't even deserve spot number 3 on the list of Mayhem's 3 vocalists, he was absolutely horrible. People only like him because he was crazy and killed himself.

And yeah, I know all about the stuff Maniac did. Really f***in wierd, and that's a nice way to put it