Heel-toe technique

\m/-Kyon-\m/

:evil: Im getting frustrated. My feet are too big to really get the heel toe technique easily and im wondering if theres a trick to doing it with the ball of your feet and your toes cause no matter how long i try i can never seem to get it. I've got a video by Jared Falk about the technique, and he does it with the balls of his feet and his toes and I was wondering if anyone could me out. I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

xdoseonex

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoPv1oM6vZM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoPv1oM6vZM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
watch the whole thing

NG1284

What pedals are you using? I can't heel-toe myself, but I heard it makes all the difference in the world when learning.

dbkman

ive tried for so long to get the heel toe, but ive come to the conclusion, for the styles i play, it doesnt make much sense to spend so much time on it, i wouldnt ever use it. but its a cool trick though. not to mention, i wear 14 an a half wide shoes and i play a yamaha flying dragon..big feet + little pedals = hard to learn heel toe lol.

\m/-Kyon-\m/

NG1284":2vbzw7ej said:
What pedals are you using? I can't heel-toe myself, but I heard it makes all the difference in the world when learning.
i have the pearl eliminator double pedal. not too small but maybe too small for a size 12 foot eh?

\m/-Kyon-\m/

xdoseonex":23ajdq93 said:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoPv1oM6vZM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoPv1oM6vZM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
watch the whole thing
wow thank you. helped a ton. appreciate it my friend!

kErmit vOn zOmbie

i tried heel toe for a while but found it to be kind of awkward at best... i'm definitely a ball of the foot player, which is more ergonomically sound....

dunkerton12

^^Good change.

I've never really practiced the heel toe technique. I guess it could come in handy, but I've been fortunate to have fast feet so I can play double bass fast enough for anything I'll ever need to play. Unless you're Tim Waterson there may be few places where being able to play heel-toe fast is necessary. It is a nice trick though.

BTW, I don't consider the Yamaha Dragons to be small pedals-definitely not Axis Longboards but not small either.

BillRayDrums

dunkerton12":1lskzeqg said:
^^Good change.

I've never really practiced the heel toe technique. I guess it could come in handy, but I've been fortunate to have fast feet so I can play double bass fast enough for anything I'll ever need to play. Unless you're Tim Waterson there may be few places where being able to play heel-toe fast is necessary. It is a nice trick though.

BTW, I don't consider the Yamaha Dragons to be small pedals-definitely not Axis Longboards but not small either.
"Heel-toe" is not so much of a trick as it is a movement that is ergonomically efficient. I use it in ways that allow me to control dynamics to a much greater level that I could playing "normal". THen again, Heel-toe is "normal" for me so I really cannot think how it would be without it.....unless I go backto when I was about 12 years old, just prior to my discovery of the technique. :)

dbkman

dunkerton12":3f3vj1my said:
^^Good change.

ya your right man, i guess its the fact that i wear a size 14 and a half to 15 shoe, so every pedal might seem small! lol.