Having problems with my Iron Cobra Powerglide. I need help!

silencetheshadows

Hello. I have recently been encountering problems with my IC Powerglide pedal. It was working fine and very smooth yesterday, and I was playing for a long time. Then, I started to hear and feel a weird metal click type of noise coming from the main right pedal. It is almost like their is a little delay. And it is driving me nuts. I tried figuring out what the problem was and I think that it is coming from the part of the pedal which the beater goes in. I like the smooth feeling, and I want this to go away. Anyone else have/had this problem, and anyone have anything to say on how to make it stop? Please tell me how to. I have not had this pedal for very long, I am borrowing it from a friend, lol. Thanks for any advice.

shine.fm-youth

same thing happened with my powerglides...
tinkered with them and can't figure out of the fix it...
they suck anyway they're slow and heavy

anavrinIV

I think I know the problem, and the solution. the cam on the cobras is not a solid piece but the main cam part that sits on a round piece that connects it to the shaft so that you can adjust the angle of the beater without changing anything else. there is an allen screw on the bottom of the cam that can come loose after some time. tighten that up and you should be good. I had this problem too and that fixed it. if it doesn't work, then I don't know.

zen_drummer

anavrinIV":105szsqr said:
I think I know the problem, and the solution. the cam on the cobras is not a solid piece but the main cam part that sits on a round piece that connects it to the shaft so that you can adjust the angle of the beater without changing anything else. there is an allen screw on the bottom of the cam that can come loose after some time. tighten that up and you should be good. I had this problem too and that fixed it. if it doesn't work, then I don't know.
Ah yes... your basic bad design...

tapeworm97

yes i have that same exact problem.
some guy told me that you open some hatch from the supports (black ones that hold the beater) and move/flip some washer inside.

shine.fm-youth

anavrinIV":33dt9xv8 said:
tried it, didn't work...
i've been tinkering with them for some time now
nothing works
i've taking them completely apart, tightened everything back up
nothing helps it's horrible

shine.fm-youth

zen_drummer":3snhq1uc said:
anavrinIV":3snhq1uc said:
Ah yes... your basic bad design...

very very bad design

can't wait for my tricks

silencetheshadows

I fixed it. I loosened the cam, moved it out of the way, then the circle which the cam goes in, I unscrewed the little Allens on the bottom and rescrewed them. Put everything back, metal click sound and feel stopped. I just need to set my pedals back to my preference again. But if it happens again I am going to be so irritated..........lol

sjoey1r

Are they the 2007 models? with he new design?

Cause they had problems with a nylon strip that sits in the bearing cover!
if its the 2007 models, u may have to take the small casing off from above the bearing and switch over the nylon strip with the left.

Tama redesigned this part and re-released the pedals as the 2008 models.

check youtube theres a video.

and Cobras Rule man....

Good luck

Drumosaurus

sjoey1r":3hl76267 said:

if its the 2007 models, u may have to take the small casing off from above the bearing and switch over the nylon strip with the left.

and Cobras Rule man....

Good luck
does the 2008 version have any problems like that?

sjoey1r

Drumosaurus":zqofx28y said:
sjoey1r":zqofx28y said:

and Cobras Rule man....

Good luck
does the 2008 version have any problems like that?
Hey dude.

As far as i know the problem has been resolved

no complaints so far.

silencetheshadows

Threadstarter here. I think it was the 2008 model, becuase my friend got it from Guitar Center in June. But yeah, the clicky problem happened again today, twice. I did what I did to fix it in the first place (see post), but then the 2nd time I tightened the bolt more. Because of these problems, I am thinking of getting another pedal when I get my own double pedal.

Another question for IC users and in general. Probably sounds stupid, but how do you tighten the springs? I want to tighten both the springs all the way for more response, I heard it was better. (I play metal). So how do you do that? And Is this a good idea?