Have you ever put tom legs on a rack mounted tom?

Rockaflodge

Hey guys, My master BRK kit floor toms are on opti-mounts, to be honest, I dont like that at all. I have had the kit for 4 years. I am about to order a new master kit but going to kept this kit for pratice and a back up. I used a rack and tom stands for the floor tom's but it just never feels right. I am thinking of have tom legs put on them ( I would have a drum shop do it, not myself ) but do you think it will decrees there value, I mean I have had the kit for 4 years but they look brand new ( I take super care of my drums ). So would you do it or just put up with it?

Shalaq

@Loop- that's some good idea.
I've converted my Mapex Saturn 16x13 tom to a floor tom. No big deal, it still sounds great.

Rockaflodge

I check the link and thats more money that I want to spend, I just want to have some old fashion legs put on, what do you think, good or bad.

Shalaq

Well, you'll have to make holes and insert leg brackets. The Gaugers device allows you to leave the drum untuched. I think inserting leg brackets won't drastically change the sound. I don't think it will change the sound at all. If you put the old Masters brackets and legs on the drum, it will still be a Pearl Masters quality drum right? They would do the same thing wouldn't they :>