• 16" Floor Tom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8" Rack Tom

• 15" AAXTreme China

• Total voters

TheYardstick

I was thinking, since I only want to blow of portion of it on drums, and I might need your help on my decision.

I have a 5 piece drumset and just invested in new heads, but now I want a new rack tom or floor tom. I currently have a 10", 12", and 14" toms and a 22" bass.

Then I listened to some china cymbols and was eyeing a particular Sabian AAXtreme 15".

Based on the specs of my kit what do you guys think I should get?

a 14 inch floor tom would possibly be a nice addition depending on what kind of drums you have. otherwise china's area always an amazing addition to a drum set. really great to have. even if it's a wuhan, they sound great for the price.

BillRayDrums

Sheesh I'd just save the bread. But if it's burning a hole in the proverbial pocket then I suppose I'd do what Kevin said and get a 14" tom. That's a real good size, and you may just find yourself taking the 10", 12", and 14" to gigs.

killdrum1983

I'd go for the china but i'm a big a fan of china too. I own a 18" ZHT i love it, love the sound. So i'd say china instead of the toms cause for me three toms are allright :D

TheYardstick

Sorry guys, made a mistake in my OP.

I currently own a 14" floor tom not 16" sorry.

Oh yes, to explain a little more about my kit, I currently have a 16" AAX Metal crash, 14" PST5 Rock hats, 22" PST5 Rock Ride, 12" B8Pro Splash, 10" B8Pro China Splash.

anavrinIV

TheYardstick":19lfabca said:

Oh yes, to explain a little more about my kit, I currently have a 16" AAX Metal crash, 14" PST5 Rock hats, 22" PST5 Rock Ride, 12" B8Pro Splash, 10" B8Pro China Splash.
replace your hats or ride.

Potatoe Snack

out of those four i'd choose the china. just because i personally don't like having two floor toms, one is sufficient for me and if you dont have a china...you should get one. i went without one for a long time and then i got a 20'' hh sabian and i love it.

stump

I would use the money to upgrade your brass. Get some professional level cymbals. Get the most for your money though and don't buy from a local dealer. Use a distributor like musiciansfriend.com or americanmusical.com.

anavrinIV

stump":115dqbuf said:
I would use the money to upgrade your brass. Get some professional level cymbals. Get the most for your money though and don't buy from a local dealer. Use a distributor like musiciansfriend.com or americanmusical.com.
ebay. ive gotten a couple amazing cymbals for quite a bit less than they would be new...one had a crack that i didnt know about but its actually worked out will with that cymbal, and the other is perfect besides being ugly as sin on the top because it was cleaned at some point, but it still sounds great.

if you can find a deal on ebay on a cymbal that youve been looking for and the seller has a good reputation, by all means jump on it.

andybfrank

My old kit had a 14" as the lowest tom. I always felt like I was playing toy drums or something. There wasn't enough low end no matter how low I tuned it. 16" is just right in my opinion.

phoenix7289

anavrinIV":3o2ndtjv said:
TheYardstick":3o2ndtjv said:

replace your hats or ride.
Ahh bastard! You stole what I wanted to say! :p But yah, Sam Ash at least in my area (northern Illinois) is doing a thing about how if you buy any Vault cymbal, you get a free Sabian AAXtreme 15" Chinese/China. So I am planning on buying a beautiful 18" Crash. But yah, f-in buy some new hats or a new ride! Get a Sabian 20" Vault Ride and see if at your Sam Ash (if you have Sam Ash) if they are doing that deal with the free china! That would be awesome! Screw all the drums! You have to special order them, which is a bitch.

phoenix7289

TheYardstick":39hf5yeq said:
Hmmm Sam Ash you say?

Yeah, I have one of those, which is thankfully right next to my high school.
I just went today, and my buddy Sean bought me a pair of Sabian Vault hi hats because he had the money!!! :D He also got me another boom stand and another gibraltar arm. :]

PatternsInTheIvy

phoenix7289":annav6p8 said:
TheYardstick":annav6p8 said:
Hmmm Sam Ash you say?

I just went today, and my buddy Sean bought me a pair of Sabian Vault hi hats because he had the money!!! :D He also got me another boom stand and another gibraltar arm. :]
Yo, tell him to pick me up a new A custom 13" Hi-hat while hes at it please and thank you.

phoenix7289

PatternsInTheIvy":7e2rtx19 said:
phoenix7289":7e2rtx19 said:
TheYardstick":7e2rtx19 said:
Hmmm Sam Ash you say?

Yo, tell him to pick me up a new A custom 13" Hi-hat while hes at it please and thank you.
lol He spend the rest of the money right afterward :p

vahnn

China.

or upgrade your hi-hats. i have old cracked Zildjian 13" ZBT (start pack cymbals) hi-hats. when i play on my friends' kits with 14" Master Sound hi-hats, or Paiste something-or-other hats... it's probably the single greatest improvement i could make for my kit right now.

phoenix7289

vahnn":wdk9kw2y said:
China.

or upgrade your hi-hats. i have old cracked Zildjian 13" ZBT (start pack cymbals) hi-hats. when i play on my friends' kits with 14" Master Sound hi-hats, or Paiste something-or-other hats... it's probably the single greatest improvement i could make for my kit right now.
I know that feeling....