hats and crash...

c360blaster

i was wondering... How much are 14" k mastersound high-hats worth? i think there from the 80's they have bold wrighting and no 'soundedge' wavy bottom, and i was wondering what kind of highhats that the drummer from weezer uses... i want somthing that sounds clean and dryish when closed, but clean and warm when partly open.... guess i could sacrifice the dryish sound..

i just bought an aaxplosion 18" crash and it sounds horrible.... selling it for 100, good deal?

also, i was wonderin' the opinions on an 18" zildjian projection crash? i just keep seeing them for a good prices... but i'm really looking for somthing that's brilliant, thin and has pleanty of hammering that i would be able to 'ride' on and also crash.

Well I've never played an AAXplosion crash before but Musicians friend sells K master sound high-hats for 364 dollars I dont know how much a pair from the 80's would be.

Also I dont know what kind of hi-hats Weezer's drummer uses.

Sorry if this doesnt really help :(

stump

I mainly use Zildjian and am a big fan of the A customs. In particular my sweet ride. Awesome for riding and crashing and the bell is clear and cutting. Check them out. The K master sounds are still produced but if they don't have the waves I would question them being master sounds. I play A's and Z's and they have waves. As far as the drummer from Weezer...Google. Peace on ya!

Brother_Bong

stump":343h1neh said:
I mainly use Zildjian and am a big fan of the A customs. In particular my sweet ride. Awesome for riding and crashing and the bell is clear and cutting. Check them out. The K master sounds are still produced but if they don't have the waves I would question them being master sounds. I play A's and Z's and they have waves. As far as the drummer from Weezer...Google. Peace on ya!
Or Wikipedia.
Oh, and c360, I would recommend not saying how bad a cymbal sounds if you want to sell it. :shock: Just trying to help bro.

PDP9000

stump":387b8elq said:
O dude the sweet ride is awsome and so is the 22' ping ride.

stump

PDP9000":ft9wkxnd said:
stump":ft9wkxnd said:
Actually my next w/ kit i'm gonna try the ping ride. I know that Scott Phillips from Creed and Alter Bridge uses one and it sounds great. I also have a Z custom power ride but DAMN it's loud and heavy. I let my nephew use it since he is getting started. Also have the A 20 med ride...great for mellower stuff. Peace on ya!

PDP9000

stump":13xrxv7v said:
PDP9000":13xrxv7v said:
stump":13xrxv7v said:
Actually my next w/ kit i'm gonna try the ping ride. I know that Scott Phillips from Creed and Alter Bridge uses one and it sounds great. I also have a Z custom power ride but DAMN it's loud and heavy. I let my nephew use it since he is getting started. Also have the A 20 med ride...great for mellower stuff. Peace on ya!
Thats the main reason i bough the ping ride because of how it cuts through any cymbal.

SGarrett

I'd say the hats might be worth $150, but sight-unseen it's almost impossible to judge. I've never heard anyone say the AAXPlosion is a terrible sounding cymbal before, but I'd sell for around $30 less than I paid for it.