has the export been discontinued?

disrupt13

cause if it is im crap out of luck, i wanna buy another bass drum but i can no longer find it in the charcoal metallic finish, i seen one on craigs list in pennsylvainia for 40$ but will he ship it?

any help guys?

antiunderscores

i've heard pearl change their colour range in the export series all the time which really pisses people off when they are trying to expand their drum kit.
If your colour has been discontinued then you can either go second hand or order in from pearl. And if for some reason that doesnt work out there is always having a custom drum company match the finish

BR523

I've been wanting to get a 10" tom to add on to my wine red peal export which I got like 6 years ago, but now the wine red only comes in black hardware, no chrome. It pisses me off too man...

Eliminator

I dont recall seeing any Exports advertised in this year's Pearl catalogue, it was all the Vision VLX series, so maybe they have been discontinued.

LyriCa1z

Yes, Exports have been discontinued. They moved many of the exports options to the Forum series (I.S.S. mounts, bridge lugs, etc.), and are focusing more on the Vision series (VBX and VMX are super nice). It is very sad indeed, but a worldwide drum set icon is no more.

kansasdrummer

in my opinion they are overpriced sets, sure im sure they sound okay, but for poplar wood and the price tag..ya..not for me, i got an all birch set for less.

disrupt13

[color=#][/color]

I got mine used, for 450, for a 22, 10,12,13 16, and I have an 8, I just want another kick
I like exports, I think before they were good for the price, but they jumped em big

antiunderscores

dont worry, like all things they will wait till only fond memories remain of them and then re-release them as a 50th anniversary edition with a massive price hike.

BR523

I think the Visions are like around $600 now...and guess how much I payed for my export 7 years ago...$600. I'm really getting sick of it though...I need to upgrade bad.

Mitchell?

BR523":3nkhe4y5 said:
I've been wanting to get a 10" tom to add on to my wine red peal export which I got like 6 years ago, but now the wine red only comes in black hardware, no chrome. It pisses me off too man...

If you really want that tom, just buy the one with black hardware, sell off the hardware, and slap on new chrome hardware. :wink:

AmnestysLowEnd

The only survivng export is the customs and thats it everything else is no longer the exports, its now the new forums.

Yeah I was looking to add the 8 inch to my EXR and can't find it new I guess it just left to ebay hunting.

BR523

Yeah Mitchell, that's a good point, I don't know why I never thought of it haha. Just by looking online, the average price of one of those is around $120, so I don't know if it's worth all that to me just to get a smaller tom, instead of just saing up and getting a new, better kit all toegther. I'm planning on upgrading my kit this year anyway (I say that every year) as soon as I start actually making an effort to save for it.

I'm currently leaning towards a Vision as my next kit, but as mentioned in this discussion it seems like they kind of replaced the exports, so would that really even considered an "upgrade" to me? I just think they sound great for that price, but I could be wrong...any thoughts?

Steaky

Exports gone? They were great kit's bridging starter prices with intermediate sound and build. If you got a good one your luck was in. I know of a guy who prefers his to record on out of anything!

Ebay is the way to go.
I had to Ebay hunt for a 10" rack tom for my EX kit, because as you all know, when the Pearl EX kits were made, they were 6 pieces, well at least mine was, and came with the extra 10" rack tom.
I bought my EX kit used this past February, for $350, but the kid had no idea where the 10" tom went. I guess he lost it or something (And I'm thinking to myself, "How in the hell do you lose a rack tom?") Explains why I talked him down from $450 to $350. Missing 10" tom, had a terrible rash on the bass drum and some rash on the toms, which I managed to kinda buff out, but you can't see it since I have that side of the toms facing towards me. And he had a giant Pearl sticker slapped on the 12" tom. (That my friends, was a pain in the ass to remove! Residue and all!)

So I bought the kit and hunted on Ebay for a matching red EX 10" with black hardware, mount and all, and luckily, a couple weeks and 40 bucks later, I found one and won it.

That's my story.

TheYardstick

kansasdrummer":1nyqpi1w said:
in my opinion they are overpriced sets, sure im sure they sound okay, but for poplar wood and the price tag..ya..not for me, i got an all birch set for less.

Exports were all Maple, and were about $1500-1700 for a double bass 8-piece, I know because I was looking at them a lot beofre my teacher hooked me up with a Sonor 2007 for $1500.