Hardocre Punk Drumming Getting Intense!

DRUMSMYWIFE

In my band, since we are starting to play more HxC songs and it's extremely fast. My arms are sore from last practice and it's like running to catch up with the Caboose on a train. Who feels the same way?

xadamskix

yeah dude! especially my legs when playing constant fast 16ths on kick drum! its agony after a while! also after a show, my legs hurt really bad in the morning!

Damagedrummer

Try practising Judas Priest's Hellrider from Angel of Retribution and Metal Meltdown from Painkiller.
Even if you don't like Priest, those songs aren't to difficult, but they do have like 3 or 4 minutes of straight 16th DB in them. Very good practise!

And if you feel that ol' sting in the legs...just try to ignore it and push yourself trough it. Once you've done this you'll enter a sort of mechanical state where your legs just keep going. But it's a bit hard to keep it straight. But that also requires nothing more than practise.

SGarrett

xadamskix":icritdd1 said:
yeah dude! especially my legs when playing constant fast 16ths on kick drum! its agony after a while! also after a show, my legs hurt really bad in the morning!
That's not a good thing. Stretch before and after you rehearse.

DRUMSMYWIFE

lol yeah like Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Inside Out, Sick Of It All, Comeback Kid, Gorilla Biscuits etc. And as far as I'm concerened, As I lay Dying is Metalcore/Christian Metal

disrupt13

i used to play in a hardcore punk band, then they wanted to go crust....

Playing that fast for 2 minutes, and then playing 4 more songs for that speed is tiring.

Its not technical, but the sheer speed is hard,

i used to beat the crap out of my kit when i played punk, i used to roll a lot also.

GeorgeDemise

You'll probably feel fine after a few months of doing it. I play in a hardcore/metal band and there's a lot of really fast stuff. I got this really shit life long illness and nearly like died and lost pretty much all my muscle so when I started doing shows and practices again it'd really take it out of me. I built it all back pretty quickly though! Just keep at it and practice it all.

TheYardstick

disrupt13":1xx9lpl9 said:
when you say "hardcore punk", do you mean black flag?

or like as i lay dying?
Hardcore Punk as in a form of Punk that is more "Hardcore" in that it features screamed/shouted lyrics and that it involves incredibly fast tempos. Many great single pedal players have risen from this genre.