Hand Hammerd or Machine Hammerd

WHat do you like better

• Hand Hammerd Cymbals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Machine Hammerd Cymbals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SGarrett

I prefer the subtle nuances of hand hammered cymbals over the consistency of machine or hand-held hammered cymbals.

kylevater

cymbals must be the party-goers on the drum set
theyre always hammered!
sorry it just came into my miind
hand hammered

rufus4dagruv

I love my hand hammered pies, but I also love most of my machine hammered cymbals too. Even in machine hammered cymbals, there can be a lot of variation in the sounds.

Rob Crisp

I'm sure a lot of the big companies such as Zildjian and Sabian etc use a computerised machine to hammer a random pattern ala hand hammering.

Although I'm sure a lot of the smaller custom companies still hammer by hand.

Having said that, I prefer the "hand" hammered patterns to the very hard machine hammered ones.

m

which brands are hand-hammering these days? I can't keep up with it anymore

anavrinIV

sabians hh and hhx lines are still hammered by hand...paiste and zildjian use random machine hammering. saluda forms their cymbals through hand hammering. i dont know about the rest of the companies but my guess is that companies like bosphorus, masterwork, and istanbul still hammer theirs.

SGarrett

Rob Crisp":2sivhhl9 said:
I'm sure a lot of the big companies such as Zildjian and Sabian etc use a computerised machine to hammer a random pattern ala hand hammering.

Having said that, I prefer the "hand" hammered patterns to the very hard machine hammered ones.
All Sabian cymbals are hand hammered and lathed. I'm pretty sure that only Zildjian's Constantinople line is hand hammered, now.

Rob Crisp

SGarrett":2o91lxv1 said:
Rob Crisp":2o91lxv1 said:

All Sabian cymbals are hand hammered and lathed. I'm pretty sure that only Zildjian's Constantinople line is hand hammered, now.
Learn something new everyday! :p

SGarrett

Yep, the only thing that really changes is the number of hammer marks and quality of the lathing. There's a room with some big ol' corn fed mofo's who do nothing but hammer cymbals eight hours a day. My manager at the drum shop I worked at spent a week at the factory.

EOTE_drummer

anavrinIV":1946uhhc said:
sabians hh and hhx lines are still hammered by hand...paiste and zildjian use random machine hammering. saluda forms their cymbals through hand hammering. i dont know about the rest of the companies but my guess is that companies like bosphorus, masterwork, and istanbul still hammer theirs.
really? you mean Sabian's HH (aka HAND HAMMERED) line is hand hammered? no, sorry i couldnt resist.

SGarrett":17qyocnm said:
Rob Crisp":17qyocnm said:

Ah to have a 22" K Constantinople ride... (drools)