hand and fot going at the same time

joey

Hey I ve notice every time I go for a simple beat my feet go at the same time as my hand but if I play a faster beat I don't have that problem... any ideas on how I can fix this

Howepirate

joey":1gf9zkty said:
Hey I ve notice every time I go for a simple beat my feet go at the same time as my hand but if I play a faster beat I don't have that problem... any ideas on how I can fix this
its called independence..its just something you learn...make sure to absolutely stick with the basics as a noob drummer...dont try and do to much double bass!

brandon8robinson

I had the same problem, one day you're going to improve that and it's gonna make you a hell of a drummer

I put on these earplugs that go right into your ear, and grabbed the bottom of the stick with my fingers and kind of tapped the hi hat slowly and could do a double with my single foot pedal

I'm not sayin that's going to work but it worked for me :wink:

Lori

joey":1mcver1z said:
Pick a simple beat and play it slow. Gradually build up speed. Independence of you limbs doesn't happen right away.

well, u could work that out, or learn to play with your hands and feet going at the same time, only extaordinarily fast, and u could be a metal drummer :D

but if not, just practice. you'll work out eventually

lousypadrummer

I've found that if I try to concentrate on independence, it gets confusing. This may sound odd, and I really can't explain it. I just try to let everything flow naturally.