Guitarest standing on your bassdrum?

xKELDORx

what do you guys think a bout it??

i dont mind 1 of my guitarest putting there foot on it..but i get freakd out when they just stand on it..
im scared its gonna break! will it break if that stand on it? iv never heard of 1 breaken that way
my bass drum bends when they stand on it..

should i let them do it? cause i dont wanna be out 3-4 or 500 bucks to buy a new bass drum.

and do you guys let um stand on yours?

anavrinIV

i will not be scared to stop playing, stand up, and punch someone in the face if they stand on my new birch custom bass drum, or lean on it. would they let you stand on their guitar? i dont think so.

Solix

I banned our lead singer from doing that. He gets things thrown at him if he pulls that again.

In other words, no.

druming=life

the answer is NO, NEVER, my drums are my babies, would any sane person let anouther person stand on top of their child, i think not

dave lynch

I can't imagine what I would do if someone stood on my Starclassic Maple Kick...Go to my myspace URL below and you'll see what I mean..lol

anavrinIV

druming=life":10gwryr7 said:
^i've seen a pearl add with a hummer on top of a tom
the difference is that pearls ad shows it vertically on the shell whereas standing on the bassdrum could put the drum out of round or even collapse the shell depending on the size of the person and the quality of the drum in question.

Mikey Ramone

my lead singer used to do it. but they were his drums, so the only thing that pissed me off was i needed to see our guitarist, cause we have weird timing issues that have since been worked out... it was mostly cause i couldn't hear him... its all sorted out now anyways.

Rob Crisp

My band mates know full well what would happen if they did that! Stick's have a habit of, shall we say, leaving my hand at opportune moments ;-)

Call me Gideon

I don't have this problem, in my band, but we played a show and a buddy of my let everyone use his kit. The band that went on before us were really arrogant and the singer jumped up on the bass drum. I thought my buddy was gonna have a friggin' stroke!

3Dave3

I always let it be known that there will be no standing on my kick or hitting my cymbals with anything. One band I played in years and years ago the bass player decided to hit my cymbal at the end of a song to make "a visual impact for the show!", well he bent and cracked it, I couldn't believe it but he did apologize so after the show when we packed up I took his bass and amp and head home with me till I got my new cymbal and let him know that if it ever happened again there would be an incident.

Just say no! 8)

Dave...

Rem

i nearly kicked a guitarist out of my band cus he put his foot on it and scratched the hoop

:twisted:

screamkevin

Some of the older members here remember my story. It happened to me, and I destroyed my guitarist's new guitar because of it. My drums are completely off-limits for anyone except me, period.

Hack_and_Slash

screamkevin":1x8sc9gd said:
Some of the older members here remember my story. It happened to me, and I destroyed my guitarist's new guitar because of it. My drums are completely off-limits for anyone except me, period.
Damn that's harsh.

Steven McTowelie

theres no way. like others have said, it's cool with me if my guitarist puts his foot on it, but if anyone ever tried to stand on it (which nobody has ever tried) i'd definitely stop playing, stand up and shove them off lol.

drumshark

I had never heard of this until i went to a concert about a year ago, i was appalled, he stood on it and it looked like the drum was gunna snap, if a guitarist did that to my bass, i would shout at him get off, and if he wasnt off in 5 seconds i would get up and punch him in the crotch.

GiveItAll

i just got my new pearl set and at our last show my singer started walking towards them and gave me a look like "is it ok" and i gave him one back "if you do it ill kill you" i think if you have a good understanding its cool there is moments during the show where he will hit his head on my cymbals it doesnt bother me because it doesnt really do much to the cymbals but dirty them so i clean them after the show but at least he has something lol but yeah if he were to ever try standing or even leaning on my bass we would have big issues