Guitar Center: Love it or Hate it?

drummer912

I've seen some complaints about guitar center on here, but ive never really had a problem there. This is probably because the only thing I have purchased from them is cymbals. I'm not trying to defend the Center, I'm just wonderin what all ya'll think.

drummert2k

i've shopped there a few times. they tend to try to really push sales on ya but who cares. if you dont want something, dont buy it. they're prices are pretty good too. they're good with trade ins and you can usualy talk a few bucks off the bill

anavrinIV

i hear lots of complaints about them being pushy, rude, and stupid but the one i go to isnt like that at all. if i ever have a question they have answers and ive never felt pressured to buy something that i dont want to, and theyve always been helpful with anything i want to try. ill keep going there until im proven otherwise. plus, the performance guarantees are a huge sway...i try not to break cymbals but shit happens and i want to be covered.

Call me Gideon

I've never had a problem with my GC. I know one of the guys that works there. Don't know him well enough to get the hook up but well enough that I don't get hassled.

A

Anonymous

Man........guitar center.......i hate the place personally.....here in MN you walk in and some emo scenestar says "hey bra what up"........you
then proceed to the depths of hell AKA"The drum Department" where your worst nightmares come to life.........20 different drummers on 20
different kits playing 20 different things it's so loud and sounds sooo bad......then you have to practically get the sales guy in a headlock to get his attention......so with all the noise you have to scream at the top of your lungs for what you want....usually they don't have it or they tell you "That doesn't exist bra"......or "never heard of it"

So I go down the street now to ELLIS DRUM SHOP AKA "heaven in store form". They have everything you'll ever want including vintage kits......staff knows what they're doing...and prices are about the same......so guitar center can in the words of eric cartman" tongue mai ballz"

iatemygoat

SkullFucker666":32kl4ru7 said:
Man........guitar center.......i hate the place personally.....here in MN you walk in and some emo scenestar says "hey bra what up"........you
then proceed to the depths of hell AKA"The drum Department" where your worst nightmares come to life.........20 different drummers on 20
different kits playing 20 different things it's so loud and sounds sooo bad......then you have to practically get the sales guy in a headlock to get his attention......so with all the noise you have to scream at the top of your lungs for what you want....usually they don't have it or they tell you "That doesn't exist bra"......or "never heard of it"

So I go down the street now to ELLIS DRUM SHOP AKA "heaven in store form". They have everything you'll ever want including vintage kits......staff knows what they're doing...and prices are about the same......so guitar center can in the words of eric cartman" tongue mai ballz"
im gonna diasagree with you on "staff knows what they're doin"

if you havent read the "axis pedals finally in my posession" thread ill give you the lowdown.

one of the employees jammed a screw into my connecting rod and claimed it was a "match." upon trying to pull the screw out it also pulled out another screw(its a screw insde a screw thing) that is oviously there as a safety procation in case of damaged threads. i bring it back and say basically "hey you fucked up, pay for it" i had to explain to the guy what happened to my pedal at least 4 times! then he says he can only order the whole connecting rod. 110 bux

Enter big dude with chops. totally understands whats going on, takes care of me, orders me a new part(just the U-joint), says he'll call me when its in. this guy has been nothing but a huge help every time ive gone in and is one of the friendliest guys ive ever met at a business.

i have had no other problems with this place besides this and its not gonna make me stop going there but at least now i know who im going to talk to and who im not going to talk to about fixing things.

A

Anonymous

Dude hell yeah. That big dude with the chops is cool, same with mike ellis, but you are right that some of the dudes there just don't cut it like that dude with the black hair that is a former gaytar center employee emo bastard!

iatemygoat

SkullFucker666":2yxerhod said:
Dude hell yeah. That big dude with the chops is cool, same with mike ellis, but you are right that some of the dudes there just don't cut it like that dude with the black hair that is a former gaytar center employee emo bastard!
yeah i saw him there once and was like "well, at least he's not at guitar center anymore" but hes a cool dude. he always helped me out at GC.

BTW, do you play in any bands around town?

Nhara

i enjoy heading down to GC to window shop and eye things that i'm saving to buy. i think that the "hate it/love it" thing just comes from where you are. Where i'm from the people are cool and down to earth, sometime they can have "emo" kids or "scene" kids on staff and they totally blow, but the people that work for the musicians are awesome. they help you out with whatever you need and i've had no problems taking the price down a couple of notches.

PDP9000

I love it there but there is tow things i dont really like i always see behind the register and i see how poorly the treat the cymbals, like how there are put on each other on a small self. and another thing i dont really like is when im just looking in the cymbal room i usally get asked about 4 times by diffrent poeple if they can help me or if they want to ring anything up they must all really want commision but dont get me wrong i love the guitar center

PDP9000

SkullFucker666":9g19f3dk said:

ya i have gone in there and its really loud and most of them are little kids that are just messin with the kits

drummer912

i went there yesterday lookin at cymbals and had like four guy come up to me askin if i needed help so as of now im cool with the center.

phoenix7289

They say they'll buy ANYTHING USED. Haha. They wouldn't buy my Sabian B8 20" Ride! They also weren't too fond of two of my stands, one is a fairly nice Pearl stand. They only offered like $10 for each stand!!! :O CHEAP!!! But yah they're like, well see, we have other B8 20" Rides, so why buy a used one, if we are not sold out of the un-used ones. It's a load of crap if you ask me! Sam Ash once bought a mini-LP Claw and B8 8" Splash from me for $15! But that was all I needed. :p Still, it is very very pathetic.