Gretsch Renown Maple or DDRUM Dominion limited edition maple

nateeeeeeeee

I went to guitar center today for a new kit. I found two used ones i really like but i can't decide which i want. the ddrum comes with new heads and looks amazing. (I love ddrum and dw). The gretsch looks plain, but is a lot more expensive, which i'm guessing means it is a lot better. But used i found them both at the same price of 700. they would come with the same size toms. Only difference is the bass drum.

I wanna see the sparkle of the limited edition ddrum... but i wanna get the best drum set i can with gretsch and 700 is a deal because they sell new at 1300.

what do you guys think?

nateeeeeeeee

i also can not find ANYTHING on the ddrum limited edition dominion. Its maple green sparkle. toms are 10 12 and 14. not sure about kick. its not too high but really long.

percussle

im currently using a catalina birch, and making my next pro level kit at a gretsch renown maple. gretsch are awesome. i'd say grab that deal!

rufus4dagruv

I use a Gretsch renown. I have been more than satisfied with my purchase. In your situation, I would say go with the one that would inspire you to play your best. If you really like Ddrum, then I think you've already answered your own question.

ZaQ[MTG]

i have the DDRUM domion maple...

best kit out there period...

when tuned right...it kills anything on the market

12, 14 and 16 tom sizes and a 20x20 kick...this kit rules...end of story...

go with ddrum

ZaQ

rufus4dagruv

SGarrett":3hazlrav said:
I love those replies.^^^
He's SOOOO right. I think I'm going to throw my Renown's away and go get the Ddrum's. Actually, I should smash the Renowns into splinters so nobody else tries to use such obviously inferior drums. :roll: