Greetings from Rockula!

Rockula!

I am currently developing a one man band concept that involves live drumming, triggering loops and samples as well as vocals (you couldn't call what I do singing) as well as noise manipulation
This is done with an SPDS, an Alesis D4, a Boss Br864 digital recorder, a Digitec Vocal 300 vocal processor as well as extraneous other effects processors
I also use video projection to entertain those who get bored with just one guy

I am highly opinionated when I care to comment on a subject and could give a fvck on other topics so I will probably be pissing some of you off pretty soon
I have absolutely no respect for "the rules" and gleefully hurl the broken pieces of what people expect of a musician back at the purists

Artists like Einsturzende Neubauten, Foetus and Buckethead have changed my perception of music and the way it is written as well as how it is performed
If you wanted to categorize my stuff, I would have to call it industrial However, I try to stay clear of the dance aspects of the genre , especially the tendancy of most artists to get up there and just press the "play" button

I try to visualize my kit as an organic being that constantly evolves to fit the needs and demands that the evolution of my music force upon it
The only alegiance I profess is to Zildjian cymbals (although I love Wuhan 20" chinas)
In fact, I search for odd pieces to assimilate onto my kit
If it 'aint black, then it soon will be after I strip off the covering and spray paint it
This means that I have no sentimental attatchment to any drum and feel no remorse when I install floor tom legs on it
Cymbals are for breaking
Drumheads are for busting
And
Above all
Keep all of those spare and broken parts
You never know when you can canibalise it to fix something that just disintegrated (and right in the middle of a show)

Just so you know, I don't take offense easily so feel free to speak your mind to or about me
I harbor no secrets and will divulge any bit of information (about the drums that is)

Gaddabout

Posting sound clips would probably be preferable to boasting if you're trying to gain favor as a new person in any community. So let's hear it!

Rockula!

Don't mistake assertiveness for boasting
There are tons of things I cannot do or simply have no desire to do
I'll leave the musicianship to the other 95 percent of those who play an instrument
Innovation is more important to me than the perception of musical accomplishment
I'm pretty sure that, without even hearing your drumming, that you are a better technical drummer than I (assuming that your name implies a Steve Gadd fixation)

As for sound clips, I will be doing so as soon as my computer illiterate ass can figure out how to get the demos off my 8 track and onto my computer
Right now though, I am more interested in gearing up for the first gigs

I will be posting pics as soon as I can borrow a digital camera
Thanks for the warm reception Rocka!

Gaddabout

Rockula!":3uoffhjq said:
Don't mistake assertiveness for boasting
There are tons of things I cannot do or simply have no desire to do
I'll leave the musicianship to the other 95 percent of those who play an instrument
Innovation is more important to me than the perception of musical accomplishment
I'm pretty sure that, without even hearing your drumming, that you are a better technical drummer than I (assuming that your name implies a Steve Gadd fixation)

As for sound clips, I will be doing so as soon as my computer illiterate ass can figure out how to get the demos off my 8 track and onto my computer
Right now though, I am more interested in gearing up for the first gigs

I will be posting pics as soon as I can borrow a digital camera
Thanks for the warm reception Rocka!
Sounds cool. I like people who make music, and I don't get into hang ups over technique, although I appreciate that side of the instrument, too. Your project sounds interesting and I can't wait to hear it!