Great tom suspension systems

bunnybunny

Which suspension system is the best in your opinion? ISS, Optimount, Starcast, RIMS, ISO, YESS or any other. Present your thoughts here:)

From your Moderator:
This is a topic changed from "Best" to "Great", because there are no bests in the world of drumming.
Shalaq

Shalaq

I have an ITS mount on my Mapex drums. Its OK, but it sometimes makes a noise when the drum wobbles. Also I think it doesn't work very well with hanging toms witch are larger than 14 inches.
The cool thing is that they pack the ITS on just about anything- floor tom brackets, bass drum legs, Bass drum tom mount. Interesting concept.

loop

I use starcast system. It's stable and rock solid. It enables to position toms in any angle, has great memory locks. On the other hand it's big(case problems) and forces to use tama hoops.

bzdrummer410

I use RIMS. Their sweet, but the directions were confusing. I figured it out though and their amazing, but they bounce a lot.

ratfinkdrummer

Believe it or not, I like the Ludwig 60s-70s rail cosolette. The kind that uses a 7/16 hex nut, not the older Walberg-Auge clip on type. It places the {single} tom off to the left side instead of up center. You can use a snare stand, but that will choke the drum. It is much more stable than a rims mount, which is too wobbly. It is much simpler than most modern mounts {a pet peeve of mine}, and it looks bitchen'. John Bonham AND Buddy Rich preferred this system. I also mount my ride cymbal on the bass drum via L-arm {YES, it's stable}, so call me crazy.

Vetis

I would definately go with the ISS.

There is only one problem that I have ever run into while using the ISS on my Pearl kit, and that is that if you dont go through your kit every now and then and check the ISS mounts, then they will start to unscrew and peices will fall off. A bit of epoxy fixes that though, so there we go!!!

genx3117

i find that the pearl arm mounts are such a pain in the arse.i love the L-arm mounts because they alow for better positioning alot easier.

but, my two favorite mounting systems have to be the Gauger RIMS and the dw/pdp STM systems.

devilspain

good topic! i have the I.T.S mounts they do the job nicely. also have the ball mounts on the arms which i had doubts that they would slide and be awkward but i love them my drums are placed perfectly and they dont bounce as much as i had feared!

Qbs

Vetis":3mad022r said:
I would definately go with the ISS.

There is only one problem that I have ever run into while using the ISS on my Pearl kit, and that is that if you dont go through your kit every now and then and check the ISS mounts, then they will start to unscrew and peices will fall off. A bit of epoxy fixes that though, so there we go!!!
true, that is however the only drawback of ISS:)

Mike T

The old style rogers swivel matic is in my opinion unbeatable has a infinate amount of settings is easy as pie to set up and tear down and goe back on exactly like it came off...

Multibomber

Optimounts choke the drums too much because of how the rim presses against the rubber grommet thingys if you are using non Pearl drums.

ISS is best, and cheap too!