Great Splash Cymbals

Bigg T

Any suggestions for the best *splash* symbol? I need to get a splash symbol but I dont kno which one I suld buy?

From your Moderator:
This is the first topic changed from the "Best" to "Great", as there are no best or worst cymbals etc in the drumming world. Write your favourite splash cymbal or any splash that deserves to be checked out please.
Cheers,
Shalaq

screamkevin

I've used several in the past,and one that I really adored was a 10" Sabian AA China Splash. It looked funky, and combined the sound of a traditional splash and a mini-chinese. Pretty cool, that one. Kinda wish I still had it.

vargasdrumbeast

In my opinion Zildjian makes great splash cymbals, I have tried out many at the Guitar Center near my house and Zildjian seems to have a great sound, compared to Saiban, and other companies.

dahlgrendrummer

I honestly think one of the best sounding splash cymbals of all time is a 10" Sabian B8Pro splash from the late 90's. Even Portnoy used to use them religously, VERY glassy and crisp.

jbreshears

dahlgrendrummer":1ypa6hpf said:
I honestly think one of the best sounding splash cymbals of all time is a 10" Sabian B8Pro splash from the late 90's. Even Portnoy used to use them religously, VERY glassy and crisp.

I also have one of those in the 8in version though, but i also use a zildjian china trash splash and i love it, to me it is one of the best to get.

anavrinIV

sabians hh duo splash is the first splash that i ever really fell in love with and i still want to own one. i have an aax and it is, as stated, very crisp and bright.

for a great all around splash cymbal i highly suggest the 10" zildjian avedis. my old drum teacher has one and its awesome.

pphunk

Bigg T":3cmcby66 said:
Any suggestions for the best *splash* symbol? I need to get a splash symbol but I dont kno which one I suld buy?
A Customs. I have an 8 and 10", they sound amazing.

The Heel

I had just an outrageous Istanbul splash I picked up during a band road trip across country at the BrassWoodWinds and I just fell in love with it. It was very thin and I believe was 10 inches.... unforunately I broke it.

But my God was it perfect. It blew away all of my Zildians and Sabians. Just killed them.

TheLoneGunman

maybe i can summerize what everyone is saying here. There's alot of great splashes. I really enjoyed the 10'' AAX that I played. You should defenently buy atleast 4 different splashes, cant have enough of 'em.

FastEddie

in my opnion zildjian zxt has a really good sound for slpash i know its more of an undergrade zildjian, but i think they hit it just right with this splash. it has a crisp loud sound but a fast choke and a warm ending, but hey its all on the sound of the drummer play with what you like best!

mlumpkin13

I play a Sabian AAX 12" Splash, but I had a B8-Pro 12" and playedit for about 10 years(it was warped and cracked for 6 years) but it sounded so good I just refused to take it down. You will be happt with Sabian, promise.

PaulZILLA

Wuhan makes good splash cymbals. very all around sounding. mesh with most other brands/models well. the Wuhan S series is nice. Saluda makes good ones. Sabian AA are very nice. that china-splash is awesome. ive heard alot of fellow drummers using Zildjian A series splashs. they are pretty nice. me i prefer the Wuhan and Sabians. and Saluda are insane if you know the exact sound you want.