Great songs ruined by inappropriate drumming

drummingpraetor

What songs do you think were ruined by inappropriate drumming?

I can't think of one particular song at this very moment, but I would start of by mentionning Pearl Jam's "No Code" and "Yield" albums. I'd love to hear those albums recorded with any of PJ's drummers instead of Jack Irons.

tamadrummer321

ya i agree with you, i also think all the songs except "Some kind of Monster" on metallica's St. Anger album were ruined. I mean i found alot of the songs like "Frantic" disturbing

Jonboid

haha.. i'm not a guy for criticising anyone! so i can't really say.

But ya know what i adore.. Those 80's stadium rock drums!!
Just makes ya put your fist in the air and shout " YES!!!!! "

great stuff there!

=]

pablo

How about "aweful songs made more aweful by aweful drumming." Then my vote would be the white stripes. Followed by early Hanson. Ughhh

What?....The drummer on early Hanson records Abe Laboriel Jnr..........

How can any drummer be judge and jury to a drumming peer's personal expression?

They played it that way for a passionate reason which makes the body of work induvidually special.

If we all as drummers start laying down tracks according to what we think other drummers wan't to hear & not convey what we are truley trying to express then there won't be any great music for everyone to enjoy & we would all sound the same, how boring would life as a drummer be then?

Think about it before you reply.
Mad love to all you non-conforming drummers out there!!

Brian

masonvonritchie

the entire "st. anger" album. Mainly the sound of the drums was what I didn't like. i dont really like Lars' drumming to begin with. But I cringed when I heard st anger

downshifter99

I think drummers put what they think(at the time)is good...I don't like to judge too often...but,I personally don't like anything(drum wise)from AC/DC.Every song sounds the same....to me that is boring.

Someone out there is saying some smack about my playing...but,it all goes back to line A(see above). :shock:

masonvonritchie

downshifter99":9obtf5ol said:
I think drummers put what they think(at the time)is good...I don't like to judge too often...but,I personally don't like anything(drum wise)from AC/DC.Every song sounds the same....to me that is boring.

Someone out there is saying some smack about my playing...but,it all goes back to line A(see above). :shock:
I'll agree about ACDC. But the drummer's style is the only style that would fit with their type of music. Imagine another drummer with them that played a lot of technical beats and polyrythms with their songs. That would be a nightmare to say the least. But a lot of their songs do sound the same, probably because the guitar parts are all major chords with no variation. But, I was never an ACDC fan to begin with so I'm a little bias toward them.

Avedis

masonvonritchie":i88zj7r5 said:
the entire "st. anger" album. Mainly the sound of the drums was what I didn't like. i dont really like Lars' drumming to begin with. But I cringed when I heard st anger
I thought St. Anger was like Lars' "Load", you know. It was the album he got to fuck around and experiment with different tones and sounds, and Load was pretty cool, too...

I love the trashy, punk rock sound the St. Anger has, it's beautiful!

downshifter99

masonvonritchie":3rv5knij said:
downshifter99":3rv5knij said:

I'll agree about ACDC. But the drummer's style is the only style that would fit with their type of music. Imagine another drummer with them that played a lot of technical beats and polyrythms with their songs. That would be a nightmare to say the least. But a lot of their songs do sound the same, probably because the guitar parts are all major chords with no variation. But, I was never an ACDC fan to begin with so I'm a little bias toward them.
I agree,I believe that he(drummer)did put what was called for the tunes.I just don't dig it....it's good and all but,not my cup of tea.

Timekeep69

downshifter99":1eljdnst said:
masonvonritchie":1eljdnst said:
downshifter99":1eljdnst said:

I agree,I believe that he(drummer)did put what was called for the tunes.I just don't dig it....it's good and all but,not my cup of tea.
It's what their music calls for, remember, AC/DC has had 3 drummers.

downshifter99

Timekeep69":mpbf3hd6 said:
downshifter99":mpbf3hd6 said:
masonvonritchie":mpbf3hd6 said:
downshifter99":mpbf3hd6 said:

It's what their music calls for, remember, AC/DC has had 3 drummers.
Case and point.