Great Drum Companies

Tito

What Is The Best Drum Company? :lol:

From your Moderator:
This is a topic changed from "Best" to "Great", because there are no bests in the world of drumming.
Shalaq

Scott_Hurford

theres isnt a "Best" when it comes to drums, it all comes down to personal preferences.
All the top line drum kits are awsome in they're own way

tiffsboy

I agree, each company has their own thing to offer. I also believe that you can make Almost any drumset sound good. If you would like some one on one advice, IM me and I'll be happy to assist you.

anavrinIV

im partial to pearl reference, tama bubinga, and anything spaun. i dont like dw or ocdp.

each company has very high quality drums but its all personal preference as to what is the best. every time i play a maple set i think "wow, that sounds better than i remember maple sounding" and then when i play a birch set i think "well, that blew the maple away". its all preference when it comes to drums and i really like the mixture of woods in the pearl reference drums, even though the base of all the individual drums is maple. i dont like dw because ive never heard anything that just blew me away and theyre overhyped for what they deliver. the same goes for ocdp...i bought a spaun snare for 350 that would probably have cost me at least 600 from orange county. i detest the company even though im sure they sound fine (i used to play a pork pie set for lessons and thought that they, too, were over hyped compared to some exellent production sets ive played).

BlastBeaterX

With the right tuning any drum set sounds awesome, But I agree it's all about personaly preference when it comes to your favorite drums. I currently own a Tama Superstar, even though I despise the Tama brand I got it for a steal off my vocalist who sold it to me for 400 bux. I'm actually suprised how good the set sounds, I have the toms tuned extremly high for latin style music( which I also incorporate into Deathmetal) I love the sound it gives off. :]

phoenix7289

BlastBeaterX":3c6b4kh0 said:
With the right tuning any drum set sounds awesome, But I agree it's all about personaly preference when it comes to your favorite drums. I currently own a Tama Superstar, even though I despise the Tama brand I got it for a steal off my vocalist who sold it to me for 400 bux. I'm actually suprised how good the set sounds, I have the toms tuned extremly high for latin style music( which I also incorporate into Deathmetal) I love the sound it gives off. :]
You DESPISE Tama?! How can you?! They have like the biggest variety in drums and some of the lowest prices but still the best quality in my opinion!!!

ONE F*CKING WORD:

Starclassic Bubinga.

Dale

All the major companies are making fine kits today. Even second line kits are first class. As an older player, I often can't believe the advances that have been made in the last 20 years. Shell construction, bearing edges, hardware.....

Today's drummers are very lucky.

As a personal choice related to taste and not quality alone, my prefered brand is Sonor.

Scott_Hurford

phoenix7289":1opin04e said:
BlastBeaterX":1opin04e said:
You DESPISE Tama?! How can you?! They have like the biggest variety in drums and some of the lowest prices but still the best quality in my opinion!!!

ONE F*CKING WORD:

Starclassic Bubinga.
+1 :wink:

phoenix7289

Scott_Hurford":14a2laax said:
phoenix7289":14a2laax said:
BlastBeaterX":14a2laax said:

ONE F*CKING WORD:

Starclassic Bubinga.
+1 :wink:
Originally I was just gonna say Starclassic. But then I decided to add Bubinga. :p oops, thanks though! XD *feels like a fool*

Mike T

Are you talking about modern day companies or vintage or both ,as far as i am concerned Rogers and Ludwig are thw two best known and the two that have contributed the most to moderen day drums and their Manufacture..Rogers invented pretty much all the Hardware you use today they invented Memlock,which is pretty much the standard and their shells and the process for makeing them is still envied today... As far as moderen drums made if they are made in the states Not mass produced in china etc then they are probably good drums regardless of who makes them alot of it is personel taste in dress hardware etc... In modern dollars a Rogers kit that cost 1800.00 in 1965 would be well over 8 thousand by todays dollars so they would be a top line drum even today simial to DW i guess ...

Dee

Yeah, I believe all drums are awesome, they all have their own unique qualities and it's down to personal choice really. In my personal opinion, my favorite make in drum kit is Pearl, I have never felt as comfortable playing a kit and been as happy with a sound that these kits produce.

But again that's my personal opinion, I think Sonor, Tama, DW, Mapex and Ludwig also produce high quality kits!

The Heel

Somebody's gotta ban this Aned guy. Theres also an Alphons guy or something like that spamming around. I just hate spammers. You see a reply to something and think theres a conversation going on and you get an asshole like that actually believing that someone is going to click his link.

Oh wait... did that say inside Carmen Electra?

Well... thats different.

Kidding. Heh.

Jum-Bo-Lya

I have used mapex and compared them to plenty of other brands. I love mapex, but I would say the only brand that is as good is pearl.