great but magics over

tapeworm97

DML was so great at first and now its :roll:
so im leaving you guys, nice meeting you guys (an exception of one person) so PEACE ON YA and have a nice life :wink:

Timekeep69

Can't say I blame you.

I've tried to contact the new owner but apparently he doesn't give a shit about this board and it's going to hell.

It sucks, this board used to be the best one on the net.

SGarrett

Timekeep69":2pidgclk said:
Can't say I blame you.

I've tried to contact the new owner but apparently he doesn't give a shit about this board and it's going to hell.

It sucks, this board used to be the best one on the net.
I agree completely.

However, let's consider that Rome wasn't built in a day and that death and rebirth are part of the life cycle. This forum is and always has been what we, the members, make of it. Of course, it's difficult without a leader but can anyone honestly and with a straight face say that Greg was a leader? I mean absolutely no offense to Greg with that, but he was only nominally more active than the current owner. If we want to rebuild this forum we need to stop bitching at each other, you guys need to start giving the Mods a little more slack, and above all else we need to stop talking about how far downhill the forum has gone. All of this brings negativity and seeds into the very framework of the community. This, in and of itself, will push new people away as well as established members.

Ask yourselves these rhetorical questions. Are you really going to allow a handful of people to ruin one of the best forums on the internet? Are you really going to jump ship during the first period of trouble?

cableman26

Well, the thing about all this that bothered me the most was the lack of respect from the previous owner. No goodbye, see ya later, K.M.A., nothing. We put the DML banners on our pages, we pimped this site all over the web, hell we were even going to buy bumber stickers. It's kinda like your favorite bar, you go there every weekend with your buddies, watch the game, talk shop for hours, then come back the next week to do it again. Everybody knows each other, the owner sits at your table every once in a while just to talk. You come back the next weekend and it's a freaking vacant lot with a few of your buddies scattered around wondering what the hell happened. We didn't need a hand written letter just maybe a "Hey guys I'm going to sell this place thanks for making it possible."

Assback

if you got a better place to talk drums than go to it. its just a forum. shouldnt be living in yesterday about a place you type opinions at

this place isnt bad at all. i dont see what the drama's about

note: i guess im a session drummer now. ha

automaster31

I respect everyone on here. I see myself as no better than no other person. We are all here to HELP one another, not to tear a COMMUNITY apart. Why do we let a select few tear apart something which we have built up? I know that I haven't been very active post wise, but I have lurked daily. Thank you for all of the help and guidance that you have bestowed upon me guys. I appreciate it. Peace be with all, and please-- Quit Fighting!! Now, have a good day.

Assback

no reason to leave until people stop posting pics of their sets and i got videos to watch, opinions to read and informaation to give

MasterShake89

i think the topic starter waned us all to be like "NOOOOO. OH GOD. WHY?! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT *topic starter*?!"

im signed up here and UGW, and i dont see any reason to stop coming here. I can still get drumming tips and advice, and help out some people when they need help, so i see no reason to leave.

SmellsLikeIan

I'm not going anywhere. But it would be nice (as I said in another post) if the owner would give at least one mod the power to ban people who cause trouble just for the fun of it. Until then, why don't we all just stop clicking on the ads and see if that gets a response out of Michal (assuming the payment he receives from the ads is traffic related).

kylevater

MasterShake89":2hkwjxpb said:
i think the topic starter waned us all to be like "NOOOOO. OH GOD. WHY?! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT *topic starter*?!"

im signed up here and UGW, and i dont see any reason to stop coming here. I can still get drumming tips and advice, and help out some people when they need help, so i see no reason to leave.
no, hes not an attention whore