Gravtiy Blast?

shiebcte

What exactly is a gravity blast? ive heard of them and i think i have a general idea (very generaL) but what do you guys know about them?

Timekeep69

The gravity blast is where you use the method of pushing and pulling the stick on and off the rim in an up and down motion using the rim as the folcrum. It's also called the One Handed Roll.

Rob the Drummer

It's a nice thing to know how to do, just to have it in your bag of tricks. It's really only musically applicable in about .00001% of your playing. So learn it if you will, but don't learn it over other things that will help you be a better player, this won't.

iatemygoat

Rob the Drummer":159gqqn7 said:
It's a nice thing to know how to do, just to have it in your bag of tricks. It's really only musically applicable in about .00001% of your playing. So learn it if you will, but don't learn it over other things that will help you be a better player, this won't.
unless your marco pitruzzella

xdoseonex

if by insane you mean really fast, really sloppy, goes over the bar line in his solos and isnt able to come back properly, and puts rediculous speed fills into slow 4/4 beats that dont even come close to fitting.
then yeah, hes insane

Timekeep69

xdoseonex":o68ayfqq said:
if by insane you mean really fast, really sloppy, goes over the bar line in his solos and isnt able to come back properly, and puts rediculous speed fills into slow 4/4 beats that dont even come close to fitting.
then yeah, hes insane
I have his DVD and nothing you say applies to his drumming in that DVD.

PDP9000

iatemygoat":op8v1d1u said:
Rob the Drummer":op8v1d1u said:
unless your marco pitruzzella
o he was the best drummer that i have ever seen do a blast beat

drumgroovy

Timekeep69":105l43av said:
xdoseonex":105l43av said:
then yeah, hes insane
I have his DVD and nothing you say applies to his drumming in that DVD.
I have his DVD too and I feel that he shouldn't be doing gravity blasts in his solos until it becomes second nature, like how Marco has made it. It does make him go slightly off. He looks really uncomfortable when doing it too.

xdoseonex

flo is a decent drummer, hes really fast, but his solos are horrible, his drumming is sloppy, his form is aweful. dude needs some lessons from marco