got a new drum rack

disrupt13

A pdp, im very happy with my choice, this thing has made my set up ten times better,

if my camera wasnt acting retarded id post pics.

h8eternal

I got my pdp rack about a year ago and I have no complaints what so ever. you'll be happy with it. post up some pics when you get the chance.

JasonS2C

Do you guys have a prob with the rack clamps slipping on the round tubes? I used Gibraltar years ago and ultimately went back to stands because of slippage. Swore that if I ever bought another rack it would be Pearl because of the rectangular tubes. I like the look of the new PDP's tho.

h8eternal

Do you guys have a prob with the rack clamps slipping on the round tubes? I used Gibraltar years ago and ultimately went back to stands because of slippage. Swore that if I ever bought another rack it would be Pearl because of the rectangular tubes. I like the look of the new PDP's tho.
I have right now 6 cymbals and a 12" tom on the rack and I don't have any problems what so ever with slippage.

disrupt13

this rack is really good actually, nothing has slipped, plus it comes with these memory lock type things, they fit in the holsters and hold them, so i havent had a problem yet.

it was worth the money.

well it was a present from my girlfriend.

kylevater

disrupt13":2xcf6nrr said:
this rack is really good actually, nothing has slipped, plus it comes with these memory lock type things, they fit in the holsters and hold them, so i havent had a problem yet.

it was worth the money.

well it was a present from my girlfriend.
you must have the best girlfriend alive to buy you a rack

screamkevin

JasonS2C":1x9yy4qt said:
Jason,

I've been using a Gibraltar rack for over 10 years now. I mount on mine: cowbell, tambourine, 2 rack toms, ride, 2 chinas and 4 crashes and I've never ever had an issue with slippage. The Pearl ICON rack is a great piece of hardware, but I just prefer the Gibraltar. PDP and Yamaha make some great racks too. You can't go wrong with any of them.

PS: You can see pics of my rack system by clicking on the 1st link in my sig below.

xdoseonex

screamkevin":buqldd0m said:
JasonS2C":buqldd0m said:
Jason,

I've been using a Gibraltar rack for over 10 years now. I mount on mine: cowbell, tambourine, 2 rack toms, ride, 2 chinas and 4 crashes and I've never ever had an issue with slippage. The Pearl ICON rack is a great piece of hardware, but I just prefer the Gibraltar. PDP and Yamaha make some great racks too. You can't go wrong with any of them.

PS: You can see pics of my rack system by clicking on the 1st link in my sig below.
Like i said in a nother thread. the reason people get slippage is because they dont tightem the clamps properly. or they put heavy things on non-heavy duty clamps

Rockula!

Yeah
I have snapped the regular clamps trying to mount heavy stuff on them
Go for the "road series" clamps
Much more heavy duty
Plus, the memory locks are a big help too