Good quality double pedals under 200 bucks?

Caldera

Hi. I'm not very experienced with double bass (I've only played once on double pedals as a matter of fact). But when I'm at a desk or table I usually drum on it with my fingers and stomp my feet like I'm playing an actual set (using double bass). So I guess you can say I've been training my feet for double bass for a long while.

But anyhoo, I've been wanting double pedals for a while, but am on a budget of 200 bucks. I've found a few pedals around the web that had good reviews from the customers. I found this one double pedal from Pearl that people were comparing to Iron Cobras (some saying they were better than IC's). But I was wondering if anybody here knew of any good quality pedals for $200 or less. And if it helps any, my influences are mainly in metal.

Thanks in advance. =)

dbkman

the only pedal i can think of off the top of my head that are worth buying in the price range is the pearl single chain...powershifter i believe?...I'm not sure, I'de save up for some flying dragons or 9000's

Howepirate

Let me put it to you this way...

Through ebay, I got an Axis X longboard double pedal, for 330$.

Check ebay and you should be able to find and Iron Cobra, Eliminator, or DW 5000 for around 200-230 buxx.

BillRayDrums

Caldera":3jfj73nv said:
Hi. I'm not very experienced with double bass (I've only played once on double pedals as a matter of fact). But when I'm at a desk or table I usually drum on it with my fingers and stomp my feet like I'm playing an actual set (using double bass). So I guess you can say I've been training my feet for double bass for a long while.

But anyhoo, I've been wanting double pedals for a while, but am on a budget of 200 bucks. I've found a few pedals around the web that had good reviews from the customers. I found this one double pedal from Pearl that people were comparing to Iron Cobras (some saying they were better than IC's). But I was wondering if anybody here knew of any good quality pedals for $200 or less. And if it helps any, my influences are mainly in metal.

Thanks in advance. =)
Find one used. "One man's trash is another man's treasure". I can't tell you how many kids' homes I've taught in who have a perfectly good double pedal cast aside (usually a DW7002) and a shiny new 9002 in it's place.

Keep your eyes open.

Caldera

wii2525":r5sdbusm said:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pearl-P122TW-Double-Pedal?sku=448787

Those are really good double pedals for the price. They've got the powershifter footplate-thing too.

For under 200 bucks i recommend those
If I'm not mistaken, I believe those are the same Pearls I mentioned.

Thanks for the replies! I'm gonna bookmark this thread and look into all of your recommendations!

xdoseonex

i have cobra jr's. i dont like them but i don tlike any low end pedals, theyre slow. but theyre solid and they did me great for the time i used them.

Zim

46&2":2s2lsbca said:
for 200 bucks u can get the DW 7000 double chain pedal...its on Sam ash for 200$

I switched from iron cobra 900 to the dw 7002's beleive me you'll love these smooth as butter. Just make sure you tighten all the key lugs everytime when you set it up.

DrumsPlus

Caldera":3n63346v said:
wii2525":3n63346v said:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pearl-P122TW-Double-Pedal?sku=448787

Those are really good double pedals for the price. They've got the powershifter footplate-thing too.

For under 200 bucks i recommend those
If I'm not mistaken, I believe those are the same Pearls I mentioned.

Thanks for the replies! I'm gonna bookmark this thread and look into all of your recommendations!
I use the single chain Pearls. I really like them for the money. I've played a Yamaha and PDP, and didn't really care for either. I ware a 14 shoe and they still work for me. I think they are the best deal around. After that, I would save up for a DW, Axis, or Trick, but that's going to take awhile.

Arcadeia

big dog pedals are as solid as anything, double chain driven and a solid iron or steel foot plate i cant remember, ull need to go for the E002 model thats the best, comes with a free bag aswell. i paid £140 but im not sure what thatd be in dollars