Good Kick Beaters

WesNyle

Im using DW 9002 and the beaters or HEAVEY anyone got any ideas for better beaters? I want something with very little weight or just great beaters.

screamkevin

I personally use and suggest Speedball beaters. They are about the size of Tama's Iron Cobra beaters, and they are self-aligning. Awesome product.

xdoseonex

definately not iron cobra at all, theyre very similr to the dw beater that you hate. i use axis sonic hammers and love them. but as i said trick beaters are awesome too. slug and speedball are great too but not nearly as ajustable as a trick or axis beater

WesNyle

xdoseonex":yferxmrf said:
definately not iron cobra at all, theyre very similr to the dw beater that you hate. i use axis sonic hammers and love them. but as i said trick beaters are awesome too. slug and speedball are great too but not nearly as ajustable as a trick or axis beater
Hey will these Axis Sonic Hammers FIT my DW 9002? Cause I want them BUT I aint spending $50 on them if they dont fit

SINISTER

xdoseonex":1oodlvrj said:

actually not even close......I use the wood cobra beaters and they're fantastic....the dw beaters are much larger, much heavier and don't make proper contact with the head....also they don't have counter weight on them (i'm pretty sure).............hammers are cool if you feel like dropping 50 bux on beaters

$0.02

Potatoe Snack

SINISTER":34m0j5ny said:
xdoseonex":34m0j5ny said:

actually not even close......I use the wood cobra beaters and they're fantastic....the dw beaters are much larger, much heavier and don't make proper contact with the head....also they don't have counter weight on them (i'm pretty sure).............hammers are cool if you feel like dropping 50 bux on beaters

$0.02
i tried the wood cobra beaters and them shits fell off after like a week. they were glued on and the glue just melted. it sucked, got to trade them back in though for something else.

SINISTER

Potatoe Snack":228ryge7 said:
SINISTER":228ryge7 said:
xdoseonex":228ryge7 said:

$0.02
i tried the wood cobra beaters and them shits fell off after like a week. they were glued on and the glue just melted. it sucked, got to trade them back in though for something else.

i've had mine for 3 years, never had a problem

Potatoe Snack

SINISTER":1k3kamrg said:
Potatoe Snack":1k3kamrg said:
SINISTER":1k3kamrg said:
xdoseonex":1k3kamrg said:

$0.02

i've had mine for 3 years, never had a problem
i liked how they sounded just they didn't work out for me unforntually

xdoseonex

sinister is right. the iron cobra beater i have are extremely similar to the dw beaters. but looking online i found that they have a different style beater than what i have. i'v tried those beaters before and i like them alot

WesNyle

IM think about getting the Sonic hammers because I can set the beats closer and hit the head sooner and thus hit faster (in theory)... by the ways im really drunk, thank god for Jager!

anavrinIV

iron cobra beaters are very light...i use felt ones and like them a lot. i know a guy that uses them in his axis pedals because the sonic hammers were too heavy for him.

SuNoAnBuKi

Yeah the Iron Cobra beaters I had were extremely light. I switched to Speedballs about a year ago and I thoroughly enjoyed them as well.