Good effect cymbals

Drummersefton

sum of the best trashy cymbals are cheaper end ones like paste alpha and meinl classics, which are really cheap, i think its the paste 501 or sumfin but they make a 14" china which sounds great

Sway

Dude if you looking for trashy i know the best. Or at least i think it is. Sabians HHX line. Check out John Blackwell's setup and also Jojo Mayer's signature Fierce Crash is crazy awesome man.

anavrinIV

cool effects cymbals...

sabian:
ozone crashes
china kangs
max stax
max splashes
radia cup chimes
ice bells
alien disc

paiste:
accent bells
small chinas
big chinas
splashes

zildjian:
zil-bel
small chinas
big chinas
splashes
zht vented cymbal
oriental trash crash
zxt trashformer
spiral cymbal thing

saluda:
any of the vented cymbals
accent bells
any of their chinas
splashes

wuhan:
anything they make

istanbul:
agop trash hit (i really want the 12" one of these)
splashes
chinasf

anything will do, it just what you like.

CRAIGVT

I bought a 16" zildjian zht efx cymbal. it hase a bunch of holes and 3 large slots in it. I was gonna get another A Custom, but loved the sound of this. Kinda trashy but crisp. Sounds a lot like my china. About $80 I think. A must have.

FelterSkelter

Sway":24hwmnl5 said:
Dude if you looking for trashy i know the best. Or at least i think it is. Sabians HHX line. Check out John Blackwell's setup and also Jojo Mayer's signature Fierce Crash is crazy awesome man.
I just played the Fierce Crash in the store and am seriously considering getting one. Perfect blend of trash, crash, and decay. I also tried a Zildjian Timbale Cymbal (???). It was the size of a crash but played like a ride with an amazingly clear bell.
Also, check out Factory Metal Percussion. That looks like pretty interesting noise.

Beej

I honestly have to say the ZXT effects package(18"china & 10"splash) are quite impressive. Specially for the money. The china is durable and I've literally beat the hell outta that splash and it still sounds great and looks like new. They both have really surprised me.

stump

The Zildjian oriental trash crash, Zil-bel and transformer crash are great effect cymbals. The transformer is actually a cheap cymbal but Carter Beauford uses one and it sounds great. There are also alot of chinas out there that sound great. Talk about cheap....check out the wuhans. They actually sound good for such a cheap cymbal. Ive had a 16" for 3 years and it has not a single flaw. Ohhh....make sure to use spring mounts. They will extend the life of the china. Later!

FelterSkelter

I also saw a Zildjian Earth Plate at the store the other day. Not a cymbal, but could be a fun add on. Also, crotales and Sabian Cymbal Discs.

quikstang2

Don't waste your money on the Zildjian Zil-bell orthe Sabian ones or any of that.
Go with LP.

Those things are killer.

DevintheGreig

some cooler effects ive played are, my sabian ice bells, ZXT transformer, and a real cool sound that i like but i fear i would probably break is like a 21" swish knocker.

DevintheGreig

I just played the Fierce Crash in the store and am seriously considering getting one. Perfect blend of trash, crash, and decay. I also tried a Zildjian Timbale Cymbal (???). It was the size of a crash but played like a ride with an amazingly clear bell.
Also, check out Factory Metal Percussion. That looks like pretty interesting noise

are you taling about that picante hand crash? cause man i dig the sound of that cymbal!

phoenix7289

anavrinIV":uhnexkb6 said:
cool effects cymbals...

sabian:
ozone crashes
china kangs
max stax
max splashes
radia cup chimes
ice bells
alien disc

paiste:
accent bells
small chinas
big chinas
splashes

zildjian:
zil-bel
small chinas
big chinas
splashes
zht vented cymbal
oriental trash crash
zxt trashformer
spiral cymbal thing

saluda:
accent bells
any of their chinas
splashes

wuhan:
anything they make

istanbul:
splashes
chinasf

I believe that unfortunately, Sabian stopped producing those AWESOME Alien Discs.... which sucks... *scurries off to ebay*

anavrinIV

phoenix7289":lug54rw0 said:
anavrinIV":lug54rw0 said:
cool effects cymbals...

sabian:
ozone crashes
china kangs
max stax
max splashes
radia cup chimes
ice bells
alien disc

paiste:
accent bells
small chinas
big chinas
splashes

zildjian:
zil-bel
small chinas
big chinas
splashes
zht vented cymbal
oriental trash crash
zxt trashformer
spiral cymbal thing

saluda:
accent bells
any of their chinas
splashes

wuhan:
anything they make

istanbul:
splashes
chinasf

I believe that unfortunately, Sabian stopped producing those AWESOME Alien Discs.... which sucks... *scurries off to ebay*
my local store has one that will probably be there until i eventually end up buying it. i have no idea if they produce them anymore but i wouldnt even know about it if i didnt see it there.

i got the 9" radia cup chime about a week ago. its a really fun cymbal.