Gold hardware

PDP9000

Timekeep69":1v3s5fzi said:
That hardware was done for that kit only. For $30,000.00 you too can have it.
The gold hardware is cool but you can also custom make a Dw drums set and put the gold hardware on it but it cost a shit load of money

Codymunzert

the only bad part about gold hardware is that gold is a very soft metal, so it wouldnt last you very long. you will very easily dent and scratch it so i would only get it if you were rich as shit

zen_drummer

You could send your hardware out for a metalic gold powdercoating job for a lot less than getting actual plating. It would be far more durable as well.

Drum Collector

You can also have Titanium Nitride (PVD) done on Hardware, this is the same process that Kohler, Moen and Delta Faucet uses for the Buy it For Life Finish. I have worked with DW on some really cool finishes this past year. I just join this forum so I'm not sure how to post pictures or I would post some hardware from Jim Keltner's set I work on with DW..

Kilometers

Drum Collector":2dnnswmw said:
You can also have Titanium Nitride (PVD) done on Hardware, this is the same process that Kohler, Moen and Delta Faucet uses for the Buy it For Life Finish. I have worked with DW on some really cool finishes this past year. I just join this forum so I'm not sure how to post pictures or I would post some hardware from Jim Keltner's set I work on with DW...
Code:
[img]URL here[/img]
Upload the images to Photobucket and take it from there.

Drum Collector

The one above is one of the finishes we did for DW this year, as mentioned this is from Jim Keltner's kit... :mrgreen

Here is another finishe we have provided DW

[/img]IMG]http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq133/37fordsteelcoupe/DrumCoating003.jpg[/IMG]

[/img]

Kris

The plating on the Peart kit was actual 10 karat. Gold colored powder coating would definately be cheaper. The first time I saw actual gold plating on hardware was Charlie watts ( rolling stones) for the Steel Wheels tour. There was a 5 star in Annapolis MD (Master Musicians) where I used to take lessons that did it for him. I was fortunate enough to see the kit before they got it back to him...I know it is pretty damn expensive.
I noticed Joey Jordisons new set up is gleaming with gold as well....don't know if that is actual gold or powder coat.

Alan_

Drum Collector":1u8ug1fm said:
You can also have Titanium Nitride (PVD) done on Hardware, this is the same process that Kohler, Moen and Delta Faucet uses for the Buy it For Life Finish. I have worked with DW on some really cool finishes this past year. I just join this forum so I'm not sure how to post pictures or I would post some hardware from Jim Keltner's set I work on with DW..

that's super cool!

Drum Collector

The biggest advantage of this type of PVD Coatings is the Hardness and Wear, you can't scratch them even with steelwool or sandpaper. and the colors are un-limited,

If you have noticed all the Gold Slot Machines in Las Vegas, this is the same type finish, our company does all of them. It's also used in the Firearms and Cutlery Industry. The thickness of PVD is also only 1 to 3 Microns not thick like Powder Coating

Darrell

Kilometers

Do you know of any places that could coat drum hardware with PVD? It seems like it's the best thing to get things coated with. I'm still in love with that Two-tone coat on the Yamaha.

Drum Collector

Kilometers,

Send me contact information by PM and we can discuss what you want coated?

The company I work for has about 40 plants worldwide doing this process,

Darrell