Going to buy some meinl cybals witch ones tho?

drummerduba

i find the amuns and classics are best if you wanna cut thru the mix because they have a brighter sound

it all depends on what sound u r lookin 4 tho and your budget too

i actually used th sound bytes available from their website 2 decide on my sound

when i ordered them in i found it was near enough the same

my setup (if you want ideas)

16 and 17 amun medium crashes
12 and 18 classics chinas
8 amun splash
10 classics splash
22 classics medium ride (this really cuts thru with the bell)

Zatan

I use all Meinl Amun series cymbals these days. I've owned B8 composite cymbals before (not recently though) but nothing that compares to the Amun series bronnze. What caught my ear was the crisp sound of the buggers and they hold up under heavy hitting as well...

drummerduba

Zatan":22d3ekvp said:
I use all Meinl Amun series cymbals these days. I've owned B8 composite cymbals before (not recently though) but nothing that compares to the Amun series bronnze. What caught my ear was the crisp sound of the buggers and they hold up under heavy hitting as well...
hell yea \m/

my Amun crashes really send shivers down ppls spines in live situations plus the 22" medium ride in the classics range boasts a LOUD bell that is bound 2 cut thru anything nd grab nd smash a few testicles :):):):):):)

There hasnt bin a show where i havnt been complimented mainly on my cymbals and how they sound LIVE!!!!!!!

$0.02

Johnfixious

Hack_and_Slash":1noseiph said:
Go to a store and try them. They usually don't sound like they do on the website. Meinl cymbals are da bomb btw.
If you know of many places that carry their complete line then by all means go for it.

We're still in the process of uploading them all since they are new, but we have a complete inventory of over 2000 cymbals from almost every manufacturer. Some of which we have individually coded high quality audio samples for.

Not to mention if you are looking for a certain sound we would be glad to point you in the right direction.

I really am not trying to jump on this site just to promote where i work, but frankly, when we have the largest cymbal vault in the world, AND a specialty site devoted to guys who simply do not have a five star drum shop in their home town..... It just makes sense that we like to get the word out.

SO, I would be glad to answer questions and point you in the right direction if there is anyone out there that needs help. And it sounds like plenty of you guys need a better resource for information than a photo on the manufacturer's website. If you can't put your hands on it first because of your location etc , we're the next best thing.

Sabian and Zildjian prototypes, Constantinoples, Discontinued and rare finds. You name it

meinldude69

amuns aren't made anymore
they got replaced by the mb8 series i believe
but i love my 18 Amun Powerful crash =)

but it all depends on your price range

metldrummer2112

it depends on what style of music you play and on your budget level.

MB10, MB20, and Soundcaster Customs would be good for rock crashes, hi-hats and rides. Amuns are too, but theyre discontinued. These are higher level budget too.

Classics and Byzance are good mid to higher budget splashes and chinas.

Generation X Filter Chinas are also good mid budget chinas.

MB8 and MCS are good lower budget cymbals for just about everything

HCS is REALLY low budget cymbals, but theyre made out of brass

But I suggest you try them out at a store before you buy them