Going out for the first time in over a decade

okjohne

11 days till my band starts playing out. I've done some one nighters and some open stages but this is the first band I've gone out with since I was 25 and I'm now 39. I'm a little nervous to be honest.

Our first show is a 10pm slot on Sat. the 21st. Then we got a new music showcase on Tues. the 24th followed by a 10 pm slot at the venerable Lions Lair on Thursday the 26th.

Anyone else take a similar break? Getting married, raising children and running a business are my excuses.

Wish me luck. Come to a show if you're in the Denver area.

myspace.com/aumwaveeffect

Attachments

okjohne

Alan_":14qxk8b9 said:
that's a SWEET little "big R" kit!
Thanx Allan. I have 2 of them. One like the picture with another drum and a silver one to match. Incredible sounding 8 ply maple shells. When we play Austin I'll let you know.

okjohne

johnny nobody":mcfe7fxh said:
That kit will knock'em dead with room to spare. Have a blast.
Thank you Johnny. I spell mine Johne. Gonna hang more bronze for the gigs, not to mention a big drum stage left of the snare.

SGarrett

I took two years off and had my first gig on Jan. 31st. I just got a call about another gig on Saturday. We've rehearsed four or five times since our last gig, so it should be fun. :lol:

okjohne

SGarrett":26qzjv0f said:
I took two years off and had my first gig on Jan. 31st. I just got a call about another gig on Saturday. We've rehearsed four or five times since our last gig, so it should be fun. :lol:
Feels good to get back, don't it? ooooh yea.

Joezeppi

The butterflies in the gut are fun! Just try not to over think things too much and instead have fun! That is why you started playing in the first place so many years ago anyways isn't it? To have fun.

Martin

Well I dont have a similiar story to share, but I definately wish you the best of luck thats for sure. Actually Ive been playing with my current band for about 6months and there is talk of doing some small gigs, so I may be in a similiar position soon lol
Anyways Good Luck man, just have confidence and trust in your technique. Im sure youll feel much super comfortable halfway through the first song, thats my bet anyways 8)