going electric

anavrinIV

the title says it, im getting an electric kit. it wont replace my acoustic set as my equipment of choice but this is my graduation present from my parents because they know how much i love drumming and how much ive put into it, and they dont want that to go to waste the next few years while i go to college, so they got me a set that i can keep in my dorm and play. it should be shipping here today and it should be here in the next week and when it gets here ill be sure to post pics, but for now, heres what it is:

roland td-6 set with 10" mesh dual trigger snare pad, 3 8" rubber dual trigger tom pads, double bass capable bass pad (a must have), 2 dual trigger 12" cymbal pads, dual trigger hihat pad, and hihat pedal. as soon as i can i will add a third cymbal pad because i play with 8 cymbals now and 2 will nearly kill me....

ive played this same set and its sounds are just as good as the ones from the td-20 set, it just has less of them. the kit is easily expandable with a trigger/midi box from roland that will add 6 extra pads to the 9 it already has. im really looking forward to getting this kit because i want to see what i can do to add to my acoustic set with different sounds.

anyway, im just excited.

Maajkel

How did the kit turn out? I'm considering buying a TD6. Are you happy with it? Does it fulfill your expectations?

anavrinIV

for the money, this is easily the best set around. the sounds from it are right up there with the td-20 and its extremely easy to learn to use, setup is simple and some of the preset kits actually sound pretty good. i love mine so far.