Go with the Gretsch!

beatman007

I have the Gretsch Renown Maple kit and I have played the more expensive Yamaha Maple Absolute kit and I like the sound of my drums better! A plus is they cost half as much and the kick drum is a stand alone!

PatternsInTheIvy

So.....shiny... Very beautiful dude, congrats. I had the honor of trying one of those bad boys out at my local music store. How much did it put you in the hole for?

DrumminBari

I play the Maple Renown too, and there is no set I would rather play. It really is a beautiful sounding set not to mention looking. It is so versatil, I use to have a rock/funk set and my jazz set, but with minor adjustments this set replaced both of them, and cost me less then just one of the others.

I have truly fallen in love with Gretsch, they do amazing work for a amazing price. Though, I must confess, I do have Yamaha snare.

beatman007

The shells alone cost me $1,200. I bought the Gilbralter Rack to set them on. It was $250. For the price these are really great. I think they sound just as good as the high end Yamaha or DW drums. Totally worth the money.

Kustom56Merc

I own a renown too and my old yamaha set cannot compare at all. Currently I play Sabian, but I am switching to Meinl for their contemporary sounds. Not to mention all of my hardware will be replaced with Sonor's 600 models. Also, I just bought a giant step double bass drum pedal and I thought the 9000 DW pedals were stable, boy was I blown away by sonor products. :shock:

Anyone care to tell us about their set up?[/url]

andybfrank

Gretsch rules! I have a renown maple. I can't believe how inexpensive they were compared to Yamahas and DW's, and they sound so much better, especially the bass drum.

ultrastu

must admit own a yammy but i am always impressed with that great Gretch sound! they are truly the masters of maple drums.

Instead of writing another post you can edit the ones you write.
Shalaq

jad

I have to agree, I have a renown purewood and i wouldnt swap it for anything. I might buy another kit as well, but im never getting rid of this kit.

HARD ROCK no issues the kick sound with no hole in resonant head is huge. Even with a hole it is still a big sound.

Im currently playing singer songwriter format and it works great for that too.