gloves

tapeworm97

does anyone here uses gloves when drumming. i dont because i find it very hard to hold the stick because it tends to slide easily.

Cretin Holmes

i use zildjian gloves i find that i dont drop sticks as much and also they keep my hands warm . it took me awhile to get used to them .

sharp13

i used stick tape once to help against blisters(and i tried various methods of changing grip) but i always got blisters. so i bought stick tape. it sucked for me. it gave me blisters faster! so i thought about gloves but idk.

dw_drums_4lyfe

u mainly get blisters coz ur just starting but then they turn to calises but if u stop playin for like a week u get blisters again, u may aswell just bare through the pain coz u get a betta feel with a bare hand

percussle

stump":2oy05h2c said:
Nope. Not here! Peace on ya! Callusses build charactor! :D
true word stump haha. trade stories. "oh this one time i had a callus this big < ------------- > etc." haha

Alan_

I have never in my life used gloves. They always seem to impede motion just a hair. I don't really drop sticks often, so I don't need them for that reason. Don't really have calluses, just hands that are a tad rougher than your normal office drone.

DrumsPlus

I use gloves and love them. I use them to two reasons, one, for slippage and anti vibration and the second is because I have arthritis in my right had from breaking it a few times. The heat from the glove helps keep in loose.