Give it up for California

FiestyRedDrummEr

Right now California has 14 brush fires burning most of which were started by pyromaniacs.
More than 300,000 homes are in danger and many families have been displaced. California is in a state of emergancy.
As of 11:00 pm 3 fires in the Santa Clarita Valley joined closing off the 14 freeway, our only way out of town.
7 counties are currently battling these 14 burhs fires. Keep us in your hearts and don't forget those who have lost their homes.
If you live in California, please. Find a way to donate, or volenteer a little of your time to those who may have lost everything.
My heart goes out.

Timekeep69

My sister and her family live in San Diego and as of right now they're ok but they're situated right between the Harris and Witch Creek fires.

FiestyRedDrummEr

SGarrett":dfs56vzf said:
Holy shit!

I wonder if any of these fires were started by illegals as diversions?
lol no...
I'm going to check the status and let you know whats going on. as of right now where I am we are safe. But like I said all of our routes out of the valley are shut off by fire.

ctyjones

I saw on the news that we sent 2,000 firefighters down there from the Willamette Valley. Hopefully they'll bring some Oregon rain with them...

Timekeep69

FiestyRedDrummEr":3uaxllza said:
Timekeep69":3uaxllza said:
Half a million people have been evacuated.

Yeah.
We havent been evacuated yet. But if we are, we have no way out.
Hopefully they'll provide a way out before they tell you to go....but then again, this IS California. :p

SGarrett

FiestyRedDrummEr":3fnjaajf said:
SGarrett":3fnjaajf said:
Holy shit!

lol no...
I'm going to check the status and let you know whats going on. as of right now where I am we are safe. But like I said all of our routes out of the valley are shut off by fire.
Two things make me think that. 1) A report I watched about illegals starting fires as diversions while they cross the boarded and 2) the fact that most of the fires started at the boarder.

Timekeep69

SGarrett":3nua3opw said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":3nua3opw said:
SGarrett":3nua3opw said:
Holy shit!

lol no...
Two things make me think that. 1) A report I watched about illegals starting fires as diversions while they cross the boarded and 2) the fact that most of the fires started at the boarder.
Actually, the biggest fire in San Diego is way north of the border.

SGarrett

Timekeep69":3rj74d0g said:
SGarrett":3rj74d0g said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":3rj74d0g said:
SGarrett":3rj74d0g said:
Holy shit!

lol no...
Whatever. I guess that means that none of the 14 could have been.

FiestyRedDrummEr

SGarrett":1key5cj2 said:
Timekeep69":1key5cj2 said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":1key5cj2 said:
Holy shit!

lol no...

well all but 1 have been started by someone. its totally possible.

disrupt13

thats screwed up man, every year a different disaster, has anyone been taken?
i mean their homes have, but has anyone been hurt?

Timekeep69

disrupt13":253ipmn1 said:
thats screwed up man, every year a different disaster, has anyone been taken?
i mean their homes have, but has anyone been hurt?
last I heard 2 people have died.

SGarrett

FiestyRedDrummEr":23hmiedo said:
SGarrett":23hmiedo said:
Timekeep69":23hmiedo said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":23hmiedo said:
Holy shit!

lol no...

According to CNN at least one of the fires started on the Mexican side of the border.

Sucks all the way around. In a selfish moment, I'm really glad I didn't move down there last year.

FiestyRedDrummEr

SGarrett":1a160307 said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":1a160307 said:
Timekeep69":1a160307 said:
FiestyRedDrummEr":1a160307 said:
Holy shit!

lol no...

According to CNN at least one of the fires started on the Mexican side of the border.

Sucks all the way around. In a selfish moment, I'm really glad I didn't move down there last year.

Well the music degree here is one of the strongest you can get. but living is too expensive. Pros and Cons i guess.

SmellsLikeIan

FiestyRedDrummEr":21fbktrh said:
Well the music degree here is one of the strongest you can get. but living is too expensive. Pros and Cons i guess.
Another con about SoCal that my buddy who recently visited there told me about. Too many people-if you want to grab a burger for lunch, good luck finding a table at McDonalds. My friend told me there were half a dozen people sitting on the floor and eating lunch at the fast food joints in San Fran.