George Kollias versus Nick Barker

Nick Barker or George Kollias

  • Nick Barker

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Kollias

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrunJun

New member
DISCUSS!


idk who i like better. Nick is funny because hes fat. George is funny because hes fast... thats one letter difference there!!
 

Johnny Cat

New member
George Kollias is currently the drummer for technical death metal band Nile (my fave death metal band btw), and he's amazing at this style as well as many others he plays like jazz. Nick Barker used to be a drummer for black metal bands Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir. Not sure what he's doing these days though.

George Kollias hands down.

And not just because he's one of my favorites. He's far more creative going at 200mph! I didn't think it was possible to be technical going that fast, but he proved me wrong.

He's a deadly drummer and a deadly teacher as well.
 

masonvonritchie

New member
Johnny Cat":3g1wguc1 said:
George Kollias is currently the drummer for technical death metal band Nile (my fave death metal band btw), and he's amazing at this style as well as many others he plays like jazz. Nick Barker used to be a drummer for black metal bands Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir. Not sure what he's doing these days though.

George Kollias hands down.

And not just because he's one of my favorites. He's far more creative going at 200mph! I didn't think it was possible to be technical going that fast, but he proved me wrong.

He's a deadly drummer and a deadly teacher as well.
Last I heard, Barker was kicked out of Dimmu because of his raging drug problems, i.e. taking massive amounts of speed to speed himself up behind the kit. They brought in Hellhammer from Mayhem as his replacement, or so I heard. So I guess Nick is kinda floating around being a fat druggie with no place... Or something :?:
 

Vetis

New member
The last I heard about Nick Barker he was doing some session work with Vortex ( bass player of Dimmu Borgir, bass player/vocals of OLD MANS CHILD/Borkgnar) . Nick was doing some songs with Old Mans Child soon after his time with Dimmu ended.
 
He also has his band Lock Up too. Didnt know he had raging drug problems. Speed to make him fast, although it might not be true. Gene Hoglan doesnt do drugs and he's huge, and hauls pretty fast behind the kit.
 

Piddywiffle

New member
Vetis":2k9r2h4s said:
The last I heard about Nick Barker he was doing some session work with Vortex ( bass player of Dimmu Borgir, bass player/vocals of OLD MANS CHILD/Borkgnar) . Nick was doing some songs with Old Mans Child soon after his time with Dimmu ended.
Well according to SOD magazine. Nick broke his ankle and that ended his contribution to Benediction.

I dont have a vote.. maybe I should post another thread? :evil:
 

mheatwole

New member
OK in case anyone actually cares , Last I heard nick Barker is playing drums for Testament. I cant wait to hear an album with that lineup if indeed they are recording together like I was told. \m/
 

Piddywiffle

New member
mheatwole":2j772013 said:
OK in case anyone actually cares , Last I heard nick Barker is playing drums for Testament. I cant wait to hear an album with that lineup if indeed they are recording together like I was told. \m/

Hmmm... That kinda rings a bell. But then again i havnt slept yet so lots of stuff rings bells :x

Oh well. I hope it true
 

Damagedrummer

New member
I think it's bullshit to say Nick OR George is better...They both have outstanding qualities as drummers, and they both try to do their best at achieving the best result when writing songs. They both do that in their own way. I actually wouldn't know wich one would be better, so I say, it's a tie! :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top