G2vs. EC2

stu

I have used coated G2s for along time now. have not tried the EC2s yet. Any body else made the switch? What are the results? Iam pretty loyal to evans heads.

bigbossman810

I switched over about 6 months ago. I love the snare head. The toms seem to take awhile to get "broken in". Then they sounded great. I am sold on the snare EC2s, but I think I prefer the G2s on the toms. Good luck.

Conor

evens suck in general. they go out of tune fast and dont have any durability. i broke my g1 snare head in 3 weeks and they get dented really really fast, and you dont even have to play them hard. go with remo.

Shalaq

Conor":1iorkxu9 said:
evens suck in general. they go out of tune fast and dont have any durability. i broke my g1 snare head in 3 weeks and they get dented really really fast, and you dont even have to play them hard. go with remo.
I think you haven't wisely chosen the type of the head for the power you play with, haven't tuned the drum well or it is a technique issue. I play evans all my life and have never broken any head, just a few dings. Right now I am using G1 heads that are roughly 2 and a half years old and I have to replace them, because they lost their crispness as far as sound is concerned.

Eiren

Conor":3jb9dxe3 said:
Firstly, Evans heads are industry standard with many leading drummers using them and endorsing them.

Secondly, I would say that it's probably due to technique/set-up that you managed to wreck your G1 snare head so quickly... although that is the less durable single ply G1 version. Evans offer thicker and more durable heads for harder hitters.

Thirdly, stating that "Evans suck in general" implies that you've used all the heads they have on offer. Is that the case?

Lastly, there are other alternatives to Evans than Remo.