g2s vs emporers

b b253

SGarrett":3fzlgzm3 said:
Aquarian Response 2. :D

Of your choices, I'd probably pick the Emperor.
i was thinking emerors cause they were cheaper and im saving for a snare from pj but those aquarians if i were to get those what reso haeds would match?

SGarrett

Aquarian heads are only a buck or two more than Remo and Evans.

I'm using Hi-Frequency resonants and have the entire time I've had this kit. Next time I replace my resonants I'm going to go with Classic Clear heads, just for the hell of it. I have the batter heads tuned fairly high and the resonant heads tuned just a bit higher, which is my my toms have that cool, almost sampled, pitch-bend effect.

b b253

SGarrett":37tmwq7v said:
Aquarian heads are only a buck or two more than Remo and Evans.

I'm using Hi-Frequency resonants and have the entire time I've had this kit. Next time I replace my resonants I'm going to go with Classic Clear heads, just for the hell of it. I have the batter heads tuned fairly high and the resonant heads tuned just a bit higher, which is my my toms have that cool, almost sampled, pitch-bend effect.
in their selection they have black and clear, are there any differences between them?

SGarrett

I know they make an 8" Response 2 and I'm almost positive there's an 8" Hi-Frequency, too. MusicianFriend.com doesn't have it listed but they have a 6" listed, so reason would dictate that they also make an 8". :)

Supposedly, the black heads are a little drier but I've never actually used any.

b b253

SGarrett":1tg9qpls said:
I know they make an 8" Response 2 and I'm almost positive there's an 8" Hi-Frequency, too. MusicianFriend.com doesn't have it listed but they have a 6" listed, so reason would dictate that they also make an 8". :)

Supposedly, the black heads are a little drier but I've never actually used any.
well dang, do u know any websites that would have 8 inch and 18 inch?

Manzo

I tried an aquarian snare head on my mahogany snare, sounded like crap.

How would aquarian heads sound on my birch pearl exports? im kinda scared to waste more money.

right now I have evans hydrualic blue heads. look so awesome :)

SGarrett

You have to experiment with heads to find what you like.

I think that if you picked the right kind of heads for your goal and then tuned them well, your drums would sound pretty kill.

qfierasoy

i've tried quite a few different heads and i'm a big fan of the G2 coated. i'm prolly as biased about evans as you are about aquarian, though, SG :D

SGarrett

I'm biased towards Aquarian because of selling heads. Remo heads have crap quality control and Evans doesn't both to connect the ends of their counterhoops (take the little white sticker off one of the heads next time you change them). Aquarian heads seem to have far more consistent tone and tuning abilities, but they do have a different feel than Remo or Evans and that took a little getting used to.

You might like Coated Double-Thin or Response 2 heads.

xdoseonex

I'm using clear emperors now. swithed over from clear G2's. The G2's had more tone and more life without a doubt