G2 or EC2 coated

46&2

whats the real difference? and what do you guys perfer..im using clear ec2's right now..they are getting old and i think its time for some new heads..im looking for some coated because i want more warmth in my tom sound...if u have any experiences please share.

EOTE_drummer

the coated ec2's sounded much warmer and punchier then g2's. it gave me some serious low end. i will probably go for clear ec2's next though.

Scrogs

I like the coated ec2's, but keep in mind, they are not a real coated head, they're "frosted". Suppost to be an inbetween clear/coated head.

DRUMSMYWIFE

I am currently using the Evans EC2 coateds and they are durable, gives me warmth, attack, punch and kow end. I'd say get them. They are also easy to tune on drums.

pearldrum

It all depends on your drums. I was talking to my drum teacher about this the other day, and he said if you have cheaper, budget priced drums, its better to get the EC2's because they help to eliminate the overtones and ring from the drums. But if you have a better kit, ie all birch/maple shells, then the G2's are the better heads to get because they dont completely choke the shells sounds.

johnisonfire

DRUMSMYWIFE":3bt3o6k1 said:
I am currently using the Evans EC2 coateds and they are durable, gives me warmth, attack, punch and kow end. I'd say get them. They are also easy to tune on drums.
Most definitely easier to tune. For me at least. Usually play EC2 Clears myself, used to play G2 Clears and G2 Coated.

Mitchell?

I'd say G2.

Reason being is because that's the Evans equivalent to Response II's, which are what I really vote for.

Berkowitz

i went to gc to get some ec2 clears for my fusion kit, but they were fresh out, so i got some ec2 coated heads, there exremely easy to tune