Funny storys from the road

Jee

Just a thread where we can share storys about touring. I'll start with one of my favorites. While touring over 100.000 miles with the Spiders funny stuff happened allmost every day, We get from show to show in a time capsule called the Trans-van. Wall-mart is a great place to park if you cant drive anymore cuz you can shop 24-7 and stuff. One mornig at a wall-mart some where I was making coffee in the van and Karl comes in and says "Holly crap, I just hit some old guy in the head with the bathroom stall door", "I opened it and wham! and he starts to moan so I ran out!. I say Did you even check on him? - No, I didnt even see him, I just ran!. So we are talking about it when Chris comes in and asks what we are talking about. I say Karl hit some guy in the head in the bathroom. Chris says I GOT HIT IN THE HEAD IN THERE! Every time I think about this I laugh out loud. I will be back with more. And Karl will be envolved in most of it.

SmellsLikeIan

I guess this is funny....If you're not one of the injured or arrested parties....We were coming back from a show at some club in Dallas and come across a car accident. It must have happened less than a minute before, cuz we were the only ones around, other than the victims. There's a smashed new Ford pickup, a very smashed early 90s convertible Mercury with a bunch of camping equipment and a guy with a fairly busted up face in it (who didn't look too bad off, he kept acting like he was about to get out but his girlfriend told him to stay put). Standing on the sidewalk is his girlfriend, trying to chug a bottle of Kahlua. The guitar player asks her if she wants some help with it before the cops show up. Anyway, a few seconds later another dude walks up, seemingly out of nowhere. Our guitar player, Chris, points at the Ford pickup and asks "who's rig is this?" The cat that just walked up says,"It's mine. I'm screwed...." Then he points to a house 50 feet away and says, "That's my house, right there. I think I'm gonna go inside and lock my door. I'm way too trashed to talk to the cops." Somehow Chris manages to get him to stay, I think he told him it would just be one more charge to face if he left the scene. Around this time, the cops show up. They ask us if we saw anything. We tell them we got there after it happened. Fortunately the injuries were minor, but I bet all of them spent the night in jail.....

Then there was the time we got pulled over twice in one night (but only got warnings!)

mattdoesrock

lol I remember awhile ago in an old band we were doing a gig in a pub and the bassists dad managed to get a picture of me hitting myself in the head with a stick :!:

wombat_drums

we were doing an all ages gig and my old bass player was playing with his other band. so as the crowd was getting reved up, he decided to get naked. So he's there dancing around with only his axe covering his member (he has a small one so it wasnt hard ) :) . the owner of the venue gave hime a warning and It was all good, except the thing he didnt realise was his parents had shown up to watch him play. Turned out his dad didnt talk to him for over a month.

screamBRYAN

Haha good stories guys, i have one too.

The first time i ever played for a crowd was at th end of my freshman year in a school show where students and teachers play some of their favorites together. I being the only student knowing how to play drums got stuck with the most complicated song of the day. Rehearsal the day before went so incredibly well but when the time came i had to open up the final song with several rolls on the 16 inch floor tom. I was nervous so i thought i messed up and stopped playing ASAP and yelled “HOLY FUCK!” and everyone started cracking up =[

After i finally finish the song, i get up and trip on the hihat stand and land face first on the floor with a big thud... again everyone almost dies of laughter lol. I swear if they had all died of laughter it would have been homicide on the account of me sucking at what i do best =P

SmellsLikeIan

This past weekend my band went down by Houston to a little town called El Campo. It was about a 7 hour drive, as we live in far north Tx. One of the bass player's former classmates (now a homeless wanderer) shows up at his house a few days before and says he wants to ride down and get dropped off so he can walk to Padre Island for spring break (still a month away). The rest of the band finds out 5 minutes before we leave, "oh yeah, I'm bringing a hitchhiker"...I knew him, so I didn't mind too much....at first. 10 minutes into the 7 hour trip, I realize he's already WAAAYY drunk. At 10 in the morning. And he keeps drinking. The whole way there. And he's a surly drunk, too. And then there's his dog....riding on top of my floor tom case. I kept asking if his dog needed to go piss, cuz I didn't want it pissing on my case. We get to the hotel after soundcheck, and he drinks some more (I'm not opposed to tossing a few down, as you can probably all tell by some of my drunken rantings, but by this time the guy had been drunk for 2 days straight). Then we go back to the bar and he drinks 9 jack and cokes and several beers on the bass player's tab(the bass player was paying for all his crap, like I said, the dude is homeless but I wished he had been cut off before then). We get back to the hotel, where he drinks more beer (icehouse, the strong stuff) and takes off his shoes. Within 30 seconds the entire room smelled like toejams. Both feet were entirely covered in athlete's foot....worst case I've ever seen....They looked like they were about to rot off. The bass player and I told him to go was his feet but he refused saying, "I gotta let 'em air out". I was like, "wash the damn things first then air 'em out...that's your problem" It freakin STANK! The he says to the bass player, "Before you guys leave it would be nice if you could leave me with a C-note or two for the road" Joe, the bass player said, "I already spent $300 on you this week! Maybe I'll give you a few bucks but I can't give you a couple hundred!" We now know better than to let a damn bum ride anywhere with us.

DrummerByron

It was my first real gig and it was at a bar called The British Pub. They had a small drum riser about 3 feet tall and just barely able to fit my drums on it. It was a bit shaky too. We were in our 3rd set of the night and the rhythm guitar player was kind of tipsy off of about 4 pints of Guinness and was rocking out a bit too hard. He stumbled and fell not more than an inch from my floor tom. His knee hit the riser and my drums shook quite a bit, but nothing fell off, luckily. Everyone was cracking up—except him and I. We just kind of looked at each other and gave the nod of “everything is cool” except for his knee. He had to limp around after that. What a first gig!