Fun Fill!

Qbs

Mr. Pants":2nwt71so said:
Qbs":2nwt71so said:
I'm gonna try it this weekend - looks fun to play :)
It starts to get really fun at around 105 BPM. :)
I was foolin' around with it around 80bpm but it was my first time with it :)
Either way it's really cool, I'm gonna incorporate it into my playing :)

Mr. Pants

skytoucher":1r4t4s0r said:
cool fill, I find myself finishing the last 8 notes with double-strokes.

thanks!
Cool! Are you going to t1 (LL) - sn (RR) - t1(LL) - t2(RR) for the end, or how are you finishing it out?

skytoucher

Mr. Pants":i1ibqz84 said:
skytoucher":i1ibqz84 said:
cool fill, I find myself finishing the last 8 notes with double-strokes.

thanks!
Cool! Are you going to t1 (LL) - sn (RR) - t1(LL) - t2(RR) for the end, or how are you finishing it out?
Yes, I am finishing it out as you wrote it.

Qbs

Yes, doubles work great for the last six notes I also fooled around with a different orchestration. I play the second right hand note of the first 5 notes on the first tom and the second right hand note of the second 5 notes on my second tom so it looks like this

s - snare
t1 - tom1
t2 - tom2

s - s - t1 - s - s | s - s t2 - s - s | s - s - t1 - t1 - t2 - t2

also playing accents give you a lot of possibilities :)

iceman

The fill is fine, but I'm confused as to why you want to group the notes into two sets of 5 and one set of 6. Why not just write it traditionally with four sets of 4? It's much easier for me to follow that way.

snare tom snare tom -- tom snare tom snare -- tom tom snare snare -- tom tom tom2 tom2

drummert2k

iceman":1d1792pv said:
The fill is fine, but I'm confused as to why you want to group the notes into two sets of 5 and one set of 6. Why not just write it traditionally with four sets of 4? It's much easier for me to follow that way.

snare tom snare tom -- tom snare tom snare -- tom tom snare snare -- tom tom tom2 tom2
*note the sticking. its grouped according to sticking rather than notation. easier to follow. you'll see a lot of musci with specific stickings grouped this way

heckelmenot

Yeah, that's a cool little diddy. I also find myself finishing with double-strokes, especially up around 140bpm, but I finish with
S S (r r) T1 T1 (l l) T2 T2 (l l).
Either way this is a great exercise for the left hand.

Mr. Pants

drummert2k":zdhsyawn said:
iceman":zdhsyawn said:

*note the sticking. its grouped according to sticking rather than notation. easier to follow. you'll see a lot of musci with specific stickings grouped this way
Yes, what drummer2tk said! :)