• Independence/Syncopation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How to Groove

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Basic Rock, Funk, Swing and Latin Grooves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Homki890

I am giving a gift to the users of this noble forum. I will offer a lesson, free of charge, to all who wish to want one. It will be in written form, and will be accompanied by a video, if I can make one. This will be posted in the Drum Lessons forum. I, however, need to know what you all would like to learn. I'll make a poll of several topics in the drumming realm.

It is my pleasure and I hope you enjoy!

Homki890

MikeyVPT

I'd love to make stronger my independance. I don't think enough stress is made over it because it's a little unusual. I happen to think it gives a good flavor to some good old beats.

druming=life

my technique feels weak and i feel sloppy while i play and somethimes the stick slips out of my right hand while playing swing or something along those lines on the hats, and i need a good foot exercise to build my endurance in both legs, i can play double really fast and i can play slow, but its right in the middle where the groove should be sometimes and i feel weak and like i have no control, please send help........and peanuts

Homki890

I'm actually quite flattered by the response. It seems that the majority wants the independence/syncopation lesson. Good, that's what I'm working my ass of on currently, it's right up my street. Seeing as how a few want some endurance and chop exercises, I'll throw those along too.

I'll get working on it soon. I start packing for college pretty soon, but I'll hopefully have everything done by then, and I'll post.

Homki890

Rob Crisp

Whatever it turnes out to be will be beneficial I'm sure!

It's almost like being at a drumming restaurant.. it all looks so good, but can choose only one :p

phoenix7289

I'm all for the independence too... though I wouldn't mind learning how to make my feet quicker at doing doubles and triples on a single kick.

Homki890

phoenix7289":1diwahlr said:
I'm all for the independence too... though I wouldn't mind learning how to make my feet quicker at doing doubles and triples on a single kick.
I KNOW HOW!! Lol.

OK. How about this. Two lessons. One for the independence/syncopation, the main one. And a bonus one with some tricks, tips and random drumming doodods. Does that suit?

Homki890

phoenix7289

Homki890":2ze4jgjs said:
phoenix7289":2ze4jgjs said:
I KNOW HOW!! Lol.

OK. How about this. Two lessons. One for the independence/syncopation, the main one. And a bonus one with some tricks, tips and random drumming doodods. Does that suit?

Homki890
Why thank you! ^_^ I know the heel-toe technique thingy... but I sense there is more to it.

Howepirate

phoenix7289":c8xpobg2 said:
Homki890":c8xpobg2 said:
phoenix7289":c8xpobg2 said:
I KNOW HOW!! Lol.

Homki890
Why thank you! ^_^ I know the heel-toe technique thingy... but I sense there is more to it.
JoJo Mayer method thingy?

phoenix7289

Howepirate":2yiqn6p0 said:
phoenix7289":2yiqn6p0 said:
Homki890":2yiqn6p0 said:
phoenix7289":2yiqn6p0 said:
I KNOW HOW!! Lol.

Homki890
Don't know.

Howepirate

phoenix7289":vf5r0lj9 said:
Howepirate":vf5r0lj9 said:
Homki890":vf5r0lj9 said:
I KNOW HOW!! Lol.

Homki890
Don't know.

Drummerworld.com find JoJo mayer and find the 2 black and white vids. They have a foot view. Fastest 1 foot singles i've seen

Howepirate

phoenix7289":15md5akl said:
Howepirate":15md5akl said:
Homki890":15md5akl said:
I KNOW HOW!! Lol.

Homki890
Don't know.

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/jojomayerbasss.html

Homki890

No, I'm ot talking about that. I can show you, but I have a different trick for some very fast doubles and trips if you're canny enough. Also show you how to work out the foot.

Homki890