For the TRUE Neil Peart fan...

The Freq

Good Stuff. I like that you have a picture of the Rush album on the screen relating to the song you're playing. Nice playing. Can I have that little bell? :wink:

NWCrusher

Very well done! It took me back to those days where I'd play along to Rush records figuring out Neil's chops. You put some good effort in that presentation, I applaud you 8)

CalDrummer

Awesome! I grew up listening to Rush and had Neal Peart in mind when I started playing the drums this year.

Question, did you play over the song, drums and all ,or did you cut out the drum track somehow?

SkinBeater

CalDrummer":2do47fdg said:
Awesome! I grew up listening to Rush and had Neal Peart in mind when I started playing the drums this year.

Question, did you play over the song, drums and all ,or did you cut out the drum track somehow?
Yea..just played over thew original tracks.. i wish i had some kind of magic software that cuts out the drums!!!.. is there such a thing?...hhmm... let me know...
thanks guys!!!.. Rock on!

Jon

Raider05

Very well done. Long time Rush fan here, and you played those songs great. Neil would give a thumbs up. I remember playing a few Rush songs live many years ago when I had little experience under my belt, and looking back now, I'm glad they weren't on video.

reefer

great drumming. I like the way you created the medley, very cool transitions from song to song, and the songs you picked - good video.

Mixed_Meter

Your kit setup is like Neil's too.

Great dedication to one of the true drummer icons who obviously influenced an entire generation of drummers, including myself.

Your playing was awesome.

Spydr2000

Great video!!! I have a big question... How do you go about recording a great video like that? what camera did you use, how were your drums mic'd and mixed with the track of the music? I have some drum chops I like to share with the drum world so I want to get something of great quality like yours.

Drummerjew

That was an Amazing vid. I look up to him not just as a drummer but as a person. Because of in 1997 10 years ago...was the tragic loss of his daughter and wife from a car accident and cancer. He took his time away from music and his drums and then he came back as a better person and played his drums better too! Rush became the greatest band they are today.

Dale

I'd be interested in reading Neil's books. Anyone here read them, and if so, what are they like?