For Sale: 20's-era Ludwig Black Beauty

Steve@NDC

This is a beautifully maintained 4x14 Ludwig Black Beauty. All parts are original, except for the modern Remo heads and PureSound wires.
This instrument is in superb condition, only showing normal signs of wear and usage. The only odd thing about this drum is the two very small holes in the upper rim. Harry Cangany of DrumCenter of Indianapolis seems to think this may be where a lamp heater had been mounted, or perhaps a marching sling.
According to Cangany, this is the very rare Ocean Wave scroll engraving, and ArtGold plating on the hardware.
This drum sounds amazing; it posesses a full, powerful tone with loads of sensitivity and and dimension that belies its shallow depth.
I'll ship this anywhere in the 48 contiguous United States, inside a padded hardshell case.
If you're interested in buying this drum, please drop me an email at steve@nelsondrumcraft.com

frogdrummer

It really is a small world after all. A fellow Rochesterian, well met. That is a beautiful snare! I'm not positive at this moment I would be able to make a purchase, but for curiosity's sake, how much would you be willing to part with it for?