Five-Piece Pearl Export... I know, I know, but it's my baby

Alcyon

I apologize for the bad cameraphone pictures, it was a heat of the moment thing, and my kit isn't at my house (bassist's house) right now.

I really love the new setup, I just bought a new gibraltar clamp so I can swing the 12" tom from the left cymbal stand, letting me keep my ride tight in on my right hand, I can't get enough of it. It looks a little funny I admit (heavy on one side) but you know, whatever works.

16" AA Bright Crash
17" AA Fast Crash

The hihats and ride in the picture aren't mine but I've got B8 14" hihats and my next purchase is a 21" AAX Stage Ride.

EDIT: AUGH! Why don't the IMG buttons work!? Can someone help me here?

AmnestysLowEnd

You really need to learn to set up drums!!!
Pull the toms up higher and then angle them to your liking, DON'T try and keep them as low as possible this makes it harder to play NOT EASIER!!!!

Other than that nice set! I have a Pearl EXR in strata white myself! And upgrade those heads they do nothing but kill the tone of your drums! :cry:

devilspain

Alcyon":5f96rx8y said:

I apologize for the bad cameraphone pictures, it was a heat of the moment thing, and my kit isn't at my house (bassist's house) right now.

I really love the new setup, I just bought a new gibraltar clamp so I can swing the 12" tom from the left cymbal stand, letting me keep my ride tight in on my right hand, I can't get enough of it. It looks a little funny I admit (heavy on one side) but you know, whatever works.

16" AA Bright Crash
17" AA Fast Crash

The hihats and ride in the picture aren't mine but I've got B8 14" hihats and my next purchase is a 21" AAX Stage Ride.

EDIT: AUGH! Why don't the IMG buttons work!? Can someone help me here?

just giving you my opinion dude the stage ride doesnt have a huge bell. if you want a loud ping go with a bigger bell on the ride :D just my two cents. take care.

Martybabes

AmnestysLowEnd":3vyrcwgv said:
Pull the toms up higher and then angle them to your liking, DON'T try and keep them as low as possible this makes it harder to play NOT EASIER!!!!
I'm not having a go at you here, but what is it with people on this forum trying to tell people how to position their drums. It's their kit and they propably find that the easiest way to play it.

Alcyon

AmnestysLowEnd":2heeo0ym said:

Other than that nice set! I have a Pearl EXR in strata white myself! And upgrade those heads they do nothing but kill the tone of your drums! :cry:
I've actually tried both ways and I prefer them lower; when I tilt them I break heads much faster. Besides, it's really my decision on how I want to angle them, and acting like you know better than me is really rude. Anyway, I've got a mix of protones and Remo Emperor Weatherkings, but I just hooked up a full set of Evans EC2s on craigslist so that'll be all set up soon.

devilspain, I don't use my bell that much, but if I decide I need a bigger one I'll probably end up buying an Ice Bell anyways. If I was going to get a different ride though, can you recommend a Sabian with a bigger bell?

anavrinIV

Alcyon":29wcl30u said:
AmnestysLowEnd":29wcl30u said:

I've actually tried both ways and I prefer them lower; when I tilt them I break heads much faster. Besides, it's really my decision on how I want to angle them, and acting like you know better than me is really rude. Anyway, I've got a mix of protones and Remo Emperor Weatherkings, but I just hooked up a full set of Evans EC2s on craigslist so that'll be all set up soon.

devilspain, I don't use my bell that much, but if I decide I need a bigger one I'll probably end up buying an Ice Bell anyways. If I was going to get a different ride though, can you recommend a Sabian with a bigger bell?
hh raw bell dry ride, but it doesnt crash well if you use it for that. it has a strong ping and nice, dark undertones.

or, if you want a huge bell, the hh power bell rides bell is bigger but you lose tone and the sound is brighter...and its even worse at crashing.

devilspain

no bother dude then if you aint plannin on usin the bell much that cymbal would be right up your street. the stage ride is a bright ride so the tones are high if thats what your looking for. i like the sound of a bigger bell in a ride so i went for the metal x ride. lovely cymbal. its all up to you. go to the sabian site to find your sound.

if you looking to buy in the AA AAX range i would go for - AA rock ride, Heavy ride, metal x ride,
AAX metal ride, dry ride.

whatever you go for i hope your happy dude.:D

AmnestysLowEnd

Alcyon":18hfrd7q said:
AmnestysLowEnd":18hfrd7q said:

No dude I am not tring to sound beeter than you!! :shock: I had the same problem with getting good tom placement for a damn long time so I figured I'd try and help you out but, if you like it alright I'm not the one paying so not my problem.