First Concert

TheYardstick

Went to my first concert last night, it was Queensryche and Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath lineup during the Dio years).

As you walked into the Palms you could tell a lot of Metalheads were there, I saw 2 people wearing Slayer stuff, a married couple wearing Madball shirts, about 7 or so Iron Maiden shirts, about 5 Queensryche shirts, and about 12-15 Heaven and Hell shirts and about 3 really, really old Back Sabbath shirts.

The mosh pit wasn't too exciting mainly because the general age of the concert was about 50-60.

Queensryche opened and the drummer was really good. Their set was a little short tough, only 6 songs and they stopped playing right when I was really getting into it. One guy in the pit did faint right in the middle of their set though.

Then there was a brief intermission for about 30 minutes where they set up the stage for Heaven and Hell and set up Vinny's huge kit.

Once everyone was back int heir seats and the roadies were done with the sound check, we were greated with the familiar opening riff from The Mob Rules as Heaven and Hell came out. It was spectacular, Vinny Appice did an amazing drum solo, Tony had so many great guitar solos throughout that set and the bassist was crazy, and Dio sounded just the way he did 30 some years ago. Vinny was a fucking hard hitter. He can't even be called a beast, he's more of a monster behind the kit.

For the finale, they extended Heaven and Hell to about 13 minutes long and added a lot too it. Then they walked off the stage, but the crowd kept cheering, so they walked back on for one last song, Neon Knights.

It was probably the best night of my life.

So how was your first concert experience?

cableman26

My first concert was Aerosmith back in high school. It was during that whole Armeggdon soundtrack craze, they put on one hell of a show.

Brother_Bong

SGarrett":17rlqufi said:
My first concert was Prong, Sepultura, and Pantera...Far Beyond Driven time.
Dude, I thought you were old!, Sheesh, my first concert was Billy Squier with Ratt, one month after Out of the Cellar came out. That is if you don't count Beatlemania a few years before. Oooop, just popped another grey hair..........

SGarrett

Bong":2ure81yj said:
SGarrett":2ure81yj said:
Dude, I thought you were old!, Sheesh, my first concert was Billy Squier with Ratt, one month after Out of the Cellar came out. That is if you don't count Beatlemania a few years before. Oooop, just popped another grey hair..........
I'm 30. Old as far as this bastard industry's concerned. :D

Brother_Bong

SGarrett":3iuiaquw said:
Bong":3iuiaquw said:
SGarrett":3iuiaquw said:
Think how I feel at 36.

stump

I'm 35 and still very young. I do remember the the first Queensryche show that I saw. They opened for Metallica on the And justice for all tour in Charlotte NC.. Many years ago but hey...we are all older by the time you read this (seconds, minutes, hours or days). Enjoy them! Head out to as many concerts as you can and throw down! Peace on ya!

Brother_Bong

stump":114aagcw said:
I'm 35 and still very young. I do remember the the first Queensryche show that I saw. They opened for Metallica on the And justice for all tour in Charlotte NC.. Many years ago but hey...we are all older by the time you read this (seconds, minutes, hours or days). Enjoy them! Head out to as many concerts as you can and throw down! Peace on ya!
:D :D :D :D :D
shout out to you KID!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA

Mikey Ramone

my first concert was Sum 41. I'm ashamed i even liked them now. the best concert i've been too is a tie between Alice Cooper and Flogging Molly

JAdrums2k

Bong":3jq1ceqx said:
SGarrett":3jq1ceqx said:
Bong":3jq1ceqx said:
SGarrett":3jq1ceqx said:
Think how I feel at 36.
I don't consider myself an old hippy... I'd rather be known as "The Ancient Bongmaster"
I ain't quite hippy age... only 36

My first show was KISS in 1978... I was 7!!!!

mine was iron maiden on the dance of death tour when i was about 12 and i got flattened by the big guy in the pit.but the a matter of life and death tour was a bit disapointing in my opinion i mean dont get me wrong it was still gtreat but compered to thew first time it was nothing

Johnny Cat

First concert I saw was Rush in 2002 when I moved to Ontario after living in a town of about 1500 people where bands never ever go to play because it's too out of the way. It was a dream come true to say the least.