Finally, my diabolical plot is coming together....

metalhead94

So I jammed with a bassist this past Sunday. It was awesome. Now I just need to find a guitarist, and maybe a new vocalist.

But I start 9th grade this Fall, so hopefully I can find someone since there will be tons more people, in comparison to middle school.

We already have a name though. Thanks to a thread I posted a few months ago. One of the guy's username was PatternsInTheIvy, and he recommended "Broken Glass Assault", which I jumped on immediatley.

Timekeep69

Hey dude,

You might want to do some research on your bass player. Patternsintheivy was the guy who was talking crap about Triplever when I was auditioning for them. His profile says that he lives in Hawaii and he has a profile pic http://www.drumsmylife.com/images/photo ... 52cc23.jpg

Look anything like your bass player? If not, I suggest you disassociate yourself with him.

You can look up the thread "I didn't get the gig."

Alan_

Timekeep69":21pqlqgs said:
Hey dude,

You might want to do some research on your bass player. Patternsintheivy was the guy who was talking crap about Triplever when I was auditioning for them. His profile says that he lives in Hawaii and he has a profile pic http://www.drumsmylife.com/images/photo ... 52cc23.jpg

Look anything like your bass player? If not, I suggest you disassociate yourself with him.

the thing about all that that really got to me was when I went to his myspace and heard the waaay unprofessional-sounding, sloppy drumming on the tracks on there. it's like DOOD PUT UP OR SHUT UP! The way he was talking you would have thought he was steve gadd, jojo meyer and marco minneman all rolled up into one.

Alan_":1eith2am said:
Timekeep69":1eith2am said:
Hey dude,

the thing about all that that really got to me was when I went to his myspace and heard the waaay unprofessional-sounding, sloppy drumming on the tracks on there. it's like DOOD PUT UP OR SHUT UP! The way he was talking you would have thought he was steve gadd, jojo meyer and marco minneman all rolled up into one.
Ummmm, yeah I saw that too and had to bite my tongue not to point out that minor detail.

cjdubya17

Timekeep69":wmaze06o said:
You might want to think about who you hang out with. Guilt by association can hurt your rep.
i think what metalhead meant was that PatternsInTheIvy was the guy who recommended the band name. i dont think theyd be able to jam based on their locations: metalhead's says virginia beach and patterns' was hawaii

metalhead94

Timekeep69":3j8bh2rf said:
You might want to think about who you hang out with. Guilt by association can hurt your rep.
I haven't even really talked to him ever. I just posted a thread a few months ago, asking if anyone could help my friends and me come up with a band name. And he gave us that. I said, "Thanks", and that's all I ever said to him.

Call me Gideon

I think all that Nick is saying is that Patternsintheivy suggested the band name on a thread here that was posted for that purpose. Not that he knows him in RL. The bassist is someone that he knows and they are just using a band name that Patterns suggested via the internets.

metalhead94

Call me Gideon":3aucghaq said:
I think all that Nick is saying is that Patternsintheivy suggested the band name on a thread here that was posted for that purpose. Not that he knows him in RL. The bassist is someone that he knows and they are just using a band name that Patterns suggested via the internets.
Yup.

chrispychilla

I have a good name for a metal band... Glitter Pony

Yea...that would pretty much let people know what you where all about...jk

Alan_

I think the death metal band I was in in the 90's had the coolest name ever:

murder/suicide