finally, a video!!

Potatoe Snack

a softer song than usual but i uploaded it anyways cause you can hear the drums well :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cm7nmouTy4Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cm7nmouTy4Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

dave lynch

Cool Man..You look younger than I thought you were..Man don't you hate it when the kick moves on ya ? How do you tune your reso heads, tight, medium or loose..it seems like you get a nice crack and with body..Even on the video I can tell..!!

h8eternal

I dig the way you play, real hard and fluent... I see your playing with malevolent, vader, decapitation. nice gig.

Potatoe Snack

haha, I look younger than I am. Most the time I get 14 or 15....once I even got 11. but nah, I'm 21.

anyways...I'd say I tune them medium. I try and match what I tune to batter head to, which I like in the middle too. too tight and it sounds choked, too loose and its dead. I'm still learning though with the tuning, I'm getting better with time goes, as would anybody I assume.

Potatoe Snack

h8eternal":5cx3mkxc said:
I dig the way you play, real hard and fluent... I see your playing with malevolent, vader, decapitation. nice gig.
vader, malevolent, cattle decapitation and abunch of others...but no decapitated. we played with them last year though w/ Krisiun.

like I said though, this is soft song compared to others, but most the time drums in videos sound horrible and this one didn't sound half bad so I uploaded it. Still gonna be hard though sharin the stage w/ death and black metal, we have our moments of both but its not as straight forward as the other bands on the bill.

zerodogma

First off, REALLY enjoyed your drumming on that vid... solid groove, solid chops (really liked the ghost notes and ruffs in the beginning).
The rest of the band... well........ so they all wear concrete boots? The bass player stared at his amp/tuner the whole song (with his back to the crowd), and the guitar players moved like sloths. The lead vox at least looked like he was into most of it (kind of).
I am not bagging on anyones playing... I dug it. But our band has played gigs with tons of other band who stand like statues, and the one thing I have noticed is that the crowd reacts to the band. If you don't look like you are excited about playing, the crowd feeds off of it and reacts accordingly.
Just wondering if this is something you personally have noticed, and if not, maybe its worth a mention at the next practice.
Anyway, thanks for sharing..... tree-hugger LOL!

Potatoe Snack

zerodogma":26obn1h7 said:
First off, REALLY enjoyed your drumming on that vid... solid groove, solid chops (really liked the ghost notes and ruffs in the beginning).
The rest of the band... well........ so they all wear concrete boots? The bass player stared at his amp/tuner the whole song (with his back to the crowd), and the guitar players moved like sloths. The lead vox at least looked like he was into most of it (kind of).
I am not bagging on anyones playing... I dug it. But our band has played gigs with tons of other band who stand like statues, and the one thing I have noticed is that the crowd reacts to the band. If you don't look like you are excited about playing, the crowd feeds off of it and reacts accordingly.
Just wondering if this is something you personally have noticed, and if not, maybe its worth a mention at the next practice.
Anyway, thanks for sharing..... tree-hugger LOL!
hey, thanks for the advice and the compliment, and yeah I did notice that about the standing still. but in all of our defense, it was a rough show. make a long story short, what we thought was going to be an awesome party turned out to be a family cook out, you can't see the crowd because they're all with thier kids at the picnic tables in the back eating macaroni and hot dogs. we were half way through our tour playing different metal clubs and dirty bars and this show was abit of a shock. lol, it was fun though.

hopefully you come and check for a reply so you can see this video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_duJeyGIYhU
I dont know why but it cuts out after like two minutes...but that is for the most part w/ our limited room what we are in a more comfortable setting.

SGarrett

Very nice, dude. I do have a comment though. As cool as it is from a drummer's standpoint, I think you're over playing during the first verse and end of the other verses. Your playing is covering up almost everything the guitars and vocals are doing. It's like the statement you're making is "hey, I'm the badass player in the band!" A straighter two and four would really lock those parts in, especially the first verse.

Like Mike Johnston when he was in Simon Says. When they were a local band the most often heard comment was, "yeah, their drummer rocks but...". Then when it came time to track their second album, everyone in the band, the producer, the engineers, and the label asked him to play less. I was supposed to audition for a band last year that was being looked at by three major labels because their drummer refused to play less. Then my dad died and I didn't play for a few months, let alone go to the audition. The SoCal people probably know Foil.

ctyjones

Pretty solid playing, but I always end up being the devil's advocate. I'm new here, so I'll make clear that I point things out only as food for thought, not to step on toes. So with that...
I thought the intro was pretty rough. Specifically the time of the group in general. Throughout the whole song, just didn't seem like anyone really locked in together. Along with that, maybe it's you, maybe it's him, but you and the bassist seemed to ignore eachother the whole time.
The bass was out of tune.
At 1:46, I like the concept of the 16th hihat pattern, but your time got a little wonky. Especially when it's mirroring the guitars, you've got to be spot on.
I really did dig your playing individually, but I would agree with the idea of putting a little more meat and potatoes in to parts of your songs. To be perfectly honest, I think you're good at what you do, but may just be playing the wrong genre of music.
I guess that's my little comment, again simply as food for thought.
Cheers.

SmellsLikeIan

I've run into this before.....How do I watch the first vid you posted....I noticed the second vid was posted as an actual link. And I watched it. Not bad, but I would also like to see the first one and know how to check out vids that are posted like that when I run across them. Yes, I know......I'm a moron. :mrgreen:

Potatoe Snack

SGarrett":3a76pivn said:
Very nice, dude. I do have a comment though. As cool as it is from a drummer's standpoint, I think you're over playing during the first verse and end of the other verses. Your playing is covering up almost everything the guitars and vocals are doing. It's like the statement you're making is "hey, I'm the badass player in the band!" A straighter two and four would really lock those parts in, especially the first verse.

Like Mike Johnston when he was in Simon Says. When they were a local band the most often heard comment was, "yeah, their drummer rocks but...". Then when it came time to track their second album, everyone in the band, the producer, the engineers, and the label asked him to play less. I was supposed to audition for a band last year that was being looked at by three major labels because their drummer refused to play less. Then my dad died and I didn't play for a few months, let alone go to the audition. The SoCal people probably know Foil.
haha, yeah its not the first time I've been told I'm overplaying. The way I look at it, is I'm doing this for fun. If the oppurtunity comes up to make money from it ever comes up, I'm down 100% and if I have to cool off alittle, I will with no problem. But right now, I'm not getting paid for what I do, so I'm just havin a good time rockin out. Theres alot of songs we have that I do play really simple things, but this is one of our only songs that I could throw a really fun groove type beat in there, so I went all out. But thanks for comment! I love hearing opinions, good and bad, makes me look at things a different way.

Potatoe Snack

ctyjones":dqglqqdb said:
Pretty solid playing, but I always end up being the devil's advocate. I'm new here, so I'll make clear that I point things out only as food for thought, not to step on toes. So with that...
I thought the intro was pretty rough. Specifically the time of the group in general. Throughout the whole song, just didn't seem like anyone really locked in together. Along with that, maybe it's you, maybe it's him, but you and the bassist seemed to ignore eachother the whole time.
The bass was out of tune.
At 1:46, I like the concept of the 16th hihat pattern, but your time got a little wonky. Especially when it's mirroring the guitars, you've got to be spot on.
I really did dig your playing individually, but I would agree with the idea of putting a little more meat and potatoes in to parts of your songs. To be perfectly honest, I think you're good at what you do, but may just be playing the wrong genre of music.
I guess that's my little comment, again simply as food for thought.
Cheers.
bass out of tune...hate that. I think it has something to do with his guitar, certain notes don't sound right. He needs to invest in some new gear BUT hes got bills rent n such, can't blame the guy.

and about the timing going off, what can I say, it happens, lol. thanks though!

Potatoe Snack

SmellsLikeIan":22ts35kb said:
I've run into this before.....How do I watch the first vid you posted....I noticed the second vid was posted as an actual link. And I watched it. Not bad, but I would also like to see the first one and know how to check out vids that are posted like that when I run across them. Yes, I know......I'm a moron. :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm7nmouTy4Q

theres the link for the first video! thanks for watchin it 8)

Brother_Bong

I think you rocked it dude, you showed emotion, I could feel it, plus I love the left hand pointing straight down after some of the hits, I do that too, COOL>

SGarrett

Potatoe Snack":2gkhvrg3 said:
SGarrett":2gkhvrg3 said:

haha, yeah its not the first time I've been told I'm overplaying. The way I look at it, is I'm doing this for fun. If the oppurtunity comes up to make money from it ever comes up, I'm down 100% and if I have to cool off alittle, I will with no problem. But right now, I'm not getting paid for what I do, so I'm just havin a good time rockin out. Theres alot of songs we have that I do play really simple things, but this is one of our only songs that I could throw a really fun groove type beat in there, so I went all out. But thanks for comment! I love hearing opinions, good and bad, makes me look at things a different way.
Right on and not a problem. :)

Think about this. When you make the front men look good, they make you look even better.

SmellsLikeIan

Potatoe Snack":3frktger said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm7nmouTy4Q

theres the link for the first video! thanks for watchin it 8)
Yeah, very cool....That's kind of a linear thing you're doing with that tune. I dig it. And I also understand (and I don't think it's been pointed out yet) that a show in the middle of the day is more difficult to bring the same energy to. You're playing to a mostly sober crowd, no stage lights, nothing to take the pressure off of the band onstage. And people always look better under stage lights, too.

But I would still like to know how to view videos that were posted like that one was origionally....Anyone wanna help a dumbass out?
:wink: :wink: