Female Drummers

spazdrummergirl

mouse":16x8pxxk said:
WhiteOleander":16x8pxxk said:
spazdrummergirl":16x8pxxk said:
only difference i see is we dont usually like drumming without our shirts....
I disagree :D
ditto. If it's the choice about playing in your bra or passing out, the former is such a great option! :lol:

Sarah x
hehehe.. i guess u have a point there... hmmm... i'm not gna be drumming without my shirt anytime soon tho.. hehe..
have a great day!
Toast xx

mouse

lol, I don't really drum like that anymore, but when I was playing in a punk band (NOFX kind of style), it really made you sweat, so I had too. Still funny though as people still remember me for it, lol.

Can't do it now-a-days though. I'm 24 and have to be a bit more ladylike, lol

Sarah x

oh and this is me : http://www.myspace.com/drummingmouse

(appologies to anyone who's already added me and messaged me and that I haven't replied back too. Please message again and I will reply this time. Got a bit buried last time with other work so couldn't reply back)

Cloth

Another female drummer here,nice to see so many girls on this forum :D ,
here's my myspace page:

http//www.myspace.com/sarahthedrummer

Our band is in my sig,feel free to add us to your friends list :lol:

phoenix7289

Something I am noticing... Most of the female drummers LIVE IN THE UK!!! AHHHHHH

I am SO going to get my gf drumming again..... I think it is really cute or w.e when girls drum... shows girls can be powerful! :p

phoenix7289

mouse":1a5vxarc said:
phoenix7289":1a5vxarc said:
Something I am noticing... Most of the female drummers LIVE IN THE UK!!! AHHHHHH
'tis because the UK is where it's at!!!! 8) lol

Sarah x
BRING ME THERE PLEASE!!! Female drummers own, and most of America sucks anyways... ONWARD TO VICTORY WITH GREAT BRITIAN!!! :D

fashioned

wow a surprising amount of ladys in just this one thread. impressive for this forum, and most of america does not suck.

phoenix7289

fashioned":2kqscw4a said:
wow a surprising amount of ladys in just this one thread. impressive for this forum, and most of america does not suck.
Most of America DOES suck... we do not give the British bands (that are usually superior to our own) as much respect as they deserve.... America is where the emo/scene trend has spread, where all the rap trends is.... you clean that up, then I will take back what I said, until then... MOST OF AMERICA SUCKS. :p

phoenix7289

fashioned":2n06xyfb said:
thats just an opinion.
Good thing you recognized that. But come on, we don't want any fights, so stop yelling at me for stating my opinions... FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

foolscapfire

I'm a female drummer. my band's space is myspace.com/foolscapfire. I don't think I'm a great drummer, sometimes I think I try to do to much because I began as a strictly punk rock drummer and kinda taught myself(no lessons or help from anyone). So I didn't get a lot of the basics that I needed....now I'm working on those so it's like learning to play backwards. I always feel intimidated by most male drummers, and I go to see a lot of live bands so I get intimidated a lot....but then I'll see a male drummer who isn't even as good as me and(I know it sounds mean) but it makes me feel better. I wish that I didn't feel like my drumming will always be inferior to most male drummers. Maybe someday I won't. I do know that I started at the age of 28, whereas most guys I know started at around age 14, so I have an EXCUSE!. I don't like being referred to as a chick drummer, or playing a show because they want to book a band with a chick drummer, I just would like to be appreciated as a drummer..period, even though I think I have a long way to go in the skills department. that's all. whoooo long ass post! tori castellano from the donnas is one of my favorite drummers ever!

phoenix7289

foolscapfire":1n1mwuzm said:
I'm a female drummer. my band's space is myspace.com/foolscapfire. I don't think I'm a great drummer, sometimes I think I try to do to much because I began as a strictly punk rock drummer and kinda taught myself(no lessons or help from anyone). So I didn't get a lot of the basics that I needed....now I'm working on those so it's like learning to play backwards. I always feel intimidated by most male drummers, and I go to see a lot of live bands so I get intimidated a lot....but then I'll see a male drummer who isn't even as good as me and(I know it sounds mean) but it makes me feel better. I wish that I didn't feel like my drumming will always be inferior to most male drummers. Maybe someday I won't. I do know that I started at the age of 28, whereas most guys I know started at around age 14, so I have an EXCUSE!. I don't like being referred to as a chick drummer, or playing a show because they want to book a band with a chick drummer, I just would like to be appreciated as a drummer..period, even though I think I have a long way to go in the skills department. that's all. whoooo long ass post! tori castellano from the donnas is one of my favorite drummers ever!
Guess what... YOU ARE A DRUMMER!!! :D

mouse

foolscapfire":3dqy82jm said:
word of advice from one female drummer to another- play on the fact your female!!!!!! It's a great way for getting your band noticed and remembered. Even if you hate it, use it to your advantage!!! You'll get more than you think... :wink: 8)

Sarah x

phoenix7289

mouse":20ux7yht said:
foolscapfire":20ux7yht said:
word of advice from one female drummer to another- play on the fact your female!!!!!! It's a great way for getting your band noticed and remembered. Even if you hate it, use it to your advantage!!! You'll get more than you think... :wink: 8)

Sarah x
lol
Very well put!